Hp Tuners/ Gm Sc - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hp Tuners/ Gm Sc
Friday, June 16, 2006 11:46 PM
Just want to make it clear for myself i did some reading and from what i under stand, You can not use HP tuners to better the Gm SC kit? Is this correct or am i reading wrong. I was thinking about get the SC but if you cant tweak it i dont see getting the "full" power out of the blower.

Kyle

2002 B4C Camaro Black
2002 LS Sport Cavi Silver

Re: Hp Tuners/ Gm Sc
Saturday, June 17, 2006 12:12 AM
on the eco you can not hp if you use the s/c reflash

if you use hp , you can tune the pcm and still use the s/c

Saturday, June 17, 2006 9:11 AM
Yes, you can tune the pcm to get more power, but no you cannot 'tweak' the s/c it self. The only thing you can change on it are the pulley sizes, but other then that, its a constant variable.

Nate

Evolution of Cavyboy-->C22t--> C24na--->c24s/c
1995 Cavalier W/2k1 Engine
GM S/C 13.940@99.78pmh w/2.068 60ft
Sunday, June 18, 2006 3:31 AM
Basically, the best way to do it is to install the S/C, tune it with HPTuners, and completely bypass taking it to the dealer for the reflash. This way your ECM remains unlocked, and you can tweak optimal performance out of your S/C setup.

The part about tuning it for the S/C would ideally require a dyno and the help of someone who has either done it before or is at least familiar with HPTuners. Sure you could try it all by yourself, but the risk of screwing something up is a lot higher that way.

Good luck.

2000 2200 Cavalier: 9/14/2000--10/23/2006
2007 G85 SS S/C: 10/23/2006--Present
Vote for me at Motortopia.com! Thanks!
Sunday, June 18, 2006 7:48 AM
Yikes! good call..didnt realize he had an ecotec and was talking about the eco s/c.

Nate

Evolution of Cavyboy-->C22t--> C24na--->c24s/c
1995 Cavalier W/2k1 Engine
GM S/C 13.940@99.78pmh w/2.068 60ft
Thursday, June 22, 2006 10:36 PM
Nice. So basically dont do the gm reflasha and you will be fine. You can still use HP and get a better tune than what GM would give you? Has anyone tryed this yet?

2002 B4C Camaro Black
2002 LS Sport Cavi Silver
Saturday, June 24, 2006 7:15 PM
Well, you have to do one or the other. Driving the car with the supercharger installed and no tune at all would be a bad idea.

I'm sure people have gone the S/C + HPT route already. Hopefully they will chime in.

2000 2200 Cavalier: 9/14/2000--10/23/2006
2007 G85 SS S/C: 10/23/2006--Present
Vote for me at Motortopia.com! Thanks!
Wednesday, June 28, 2006 1:58 AM
does anyone have a before and after tune for the eco s/c with hp?

or if not, would just looking at files for a stock 2.4 and compare that to a s/c reflashed 2.4 be a good start. Then you could go based off that to tune the eco s/c?
Wednesday, June 28, 2006 7:03 AM
Listening in....!

OEM CAMBER/CASTER KIT 10 People for $210 <P>
GOT ECOTEC?
Wednesday, June 28, 2006 2:13 PM
From what I was reading on HP Tuners , the comparison idea will not work either, just because of the GM reflash. If I can use the HP Tuner to tune the computer and the GM S/C then I will def go with the S/C setup. Otherwise, just a straight up turbo set up. Which by the way after finding out what GM does to the computer, I am really leaning towards a turbo set up instead.
Wednesday, June 28, 2006 8:18 PM
05cav LS Sedan wrote:From what I was reading on HP Tuners , the comparison idea will not work either, just because of the GM reflash. If I can use the HP Tuner to tune the computer and the GM S/C then I will def go with the S/C setup. Otherwise, just a straight up turbo set up. Which by the way after finding out what GM does to the computer, I am really leaning towards a turbo set up instead.

Where did you read about it not working? Do you mean it won't work if you get the reflash because hp tuners can't read it? I understand that, but I was thinking if you either didn't get the reflash to begin with...or went back to a stock pcm then you could do the comparison idea at least to give you a start.

As far as what GM does to the computer, they won't do anything to it if you don't get the reflash so in that case you can get the s/c and use hptuners with it.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 11:36 PM
What all does the Gm reflash do the to the ecu other than allow it to read boost and apply more fuel? Speed governer? Rev limiter?

Is there a table somewhere telling what the Gm reflash is so the same changes can be applied using HPTuners?

Thursday, June 29, 2006 5:57 AM
watching this........

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Thursday, June 29, 2006 4:55 PM
You can find this out the same way that I did by going to the HP Tuners web site and looking through there forum.
Thursday, June 29, 2006 5:27 PM
Admiral Jedi wrote:What all does the Gm reflash do the to the ecu other than allow it to read boost and apply more fuel? Speed governer? Rev limiter?

Is there a table somewhere telling what the Gm reflash is so the same changes can be applied using HPTuners?

First question: No, the gm flash does not modify the speed limiter or rev limiter.

Second question: No, there is nowhere that shows what the modifications are on the GM flash.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search