Bigger Injectors-Is something else needed??? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Bigger Injectors-Is something else needed???
Tuesday, June 20, 2006 9:40 PM
Ok my last post was really helpful for me so I decided to do another one again with more progress.

I am curently running 3psi of boost into my ecotec motor. (I was running 9psi)

I was informed by a few people to change fuel injectors asap or run less boost until I do.

I went out and baught a set of 4 new 42# injectors. Now that I have them I was wondering before I install them is there going to be anything else I will need before I put them in? I guess I am asking will the car idle the same and run the same just allow more fuel for when I put the 9psi spring back in? I am just wondering if the car will be all good just swapping the injectors and going. I am hoping to have the total problem I had before gone. So if anyone or everyone has an answer let me know. I hopefully can just plug in and go.

Thank you in advance for any help on this subject.

Project Yellow Blur Is Under Way ! ! ! ! !

Re: Bigger Injectors-Is something else needed???
Tuesday, June 20, 2006 10:04 PM
You will have to turn the idle fuel pressure down somehow, or the car will run pig rich off boost, probably stall at intersections and on deceleration.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 10:21 PM
I have a fpr will that help? Also does anyone know what the stock ecotec fuel pressure is actually set at?

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 11:44 AM
stock fuel pressure is around 55psi for the stock injectors

if your fpr is adjustable, then you are fine, otherwise its no different then the stock one. I got the aeromotive one because it has a 1:1 boost reference, which meants that for every 1psi of boost it sees it raises the pressure 1 psi giving you more fuel under boost.

i have a turbo ecotec as well (05 sunfire) and my entire fuel system upgrade consisted of an aeromotive afpr, 42lb injectors, and hptuners, and i have 11.7 underboost (10psi) and 14.7 non boost

ive only taken it to 10psi because i dont have an intercooler right now, only water injection. im buying an intercooler this weekend maybe, i'll let you know how it does at 13-15 psi in a few weeks when its all installed

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 6:25 PM
Ok thanks also should I eliminate the stock fuel pressure regulator or no? I read something before were someone put bigger injectors in and they kept flooding the engine and I don't want to do that just make it run good or even perfect.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 6:53 PM
the aeromotive one is a direct stock replacement, bolts right into where the stock one is, so yea, eliminate the stock on and put the afpr one in...

the people that flood their engines with fuel are people that buy bigger injectors and dont buy an afpr to lower the pressure...

if you run a search, you will find about 4 different threads with part numbers, and a lot of good advice, i found it when i was researching a month ago when i was turbo'in my car

|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Thursday, June 22, 2006 10:32 PM
Ok also would me removing my stock regulator and just ussing my adjustable fuel pressure regulator work the same? I looked at the aeromotive regulators and neither one says they will fit and ecotec fuel rail? Also I was also told by someone that I could use my adjustable regulator and run it at like 20-25 psi, would that work or would that not be enough for my 42# injectors? Thanks for all the help so far.

My goal is to make a fool out of these 3 guys in my town thinking there cars are all that, so I am just trying to make it run great for the least amount of money possible.(unemployed really hurts in this situation)

Thanks again for all the help!!!

(I am also thinking of going to the track friday night to see how much 3psi helps me out I will let you know the results and then when I put the bigger injectors in I will let you know times for 9psi)

Thursday, June 22, 2006 11:00 PM
Also I am looking at getting an apexi safc-II, is this a good idea or what would be better. I don't have alot of money so I need something that will work good and is cheap.

Friday, June 23, 2006 5:55 AM
me and you have the same engine, this is the aeromotive fuel pressure regulater that fits

http://www.distinctdev.com/turboinstall/front_view%20(Small).jpg

that red thing on my fuel rail is it, like i said it bolts right on, and yea, it works just like the stock one... except it has a 1:1 boost reference and you can adjust the fuel pressure

Aeromotive P/N 13107

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=AEI%2D13107&N=115&autoview=sku

my fuel pressure is at 40, stock is 55

and.... i dont know anything about the safc... i have hptuners

Friday, June 23, 2006 10:47 PM
Ok I have seen alot about HP Tuners, I was wondering on how hard is it to install and also how hard is it to program? If it ain't that bad I might just bite the pullet and get one and just charge it. Anyone let me know how hard it is so I can go ahead and see if I buy it now or in the winter time.

Sunday, June 25, 2006 9:59 PM
Ok I am getting the aeromotive fuel pressure regulator and new msd plug wires. Also does the safc 2 have a built in wideband o2? I think it does but am not to sure. Also how hard is it to install the safc 2?

Monday, June 26, 2006 11:50 PM
Ok now i have baughten an safc 2 I was wondering if anyone had diagrams or anyinfo on how to istall it or even show pictures of there installed safc 2. any help would be great so I can get this thing installed asap.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search