Idling problems when car isnt warmed up. - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Idling problems when car isnt warmed up.
Saturday, June 24, 2006 7:44 PM
ok as the topic sates if the car isnt warmed up it has idling problems. i have my idle set at 1000 but if i dont have it at full operating temp it will either stall out at a stop or idles at like 400-500 rpms and then kick itself back up to 1000 rpms

MY 2003 SUNFIRE 15.33@88.5mph

"A N/A ecotec is not gonna give Honda's and Mitsu's that much of a run for their
money unless their blown or bottle fed.GM is still smokin crack!"
~1QWKZ24
www.streetracing.org, 08/2001

Re: Idling problems when car isnt warmed up.
Saturday, June 24, 2006 10:19 PM
Post or email me a log of your car doing this. Make sure to log MAP, RPM, VE Airflow, O2 mV, injector pulsewidths, injector duty cycle, spark advance.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Saturday, June 24, 2006 10:27 PM
tomorrow i can do it i'm done driving for the night.

"A N/A ecotec is not gonna give Honda's and Mitsu's that much of a run for their
~1QWKZ24
Sunday, June 25, 2006 7:47 AM
i took the car for a drive today..had the ect at 145* and the car stalled out when i pushed the clutch in...the scanner wont track the injector duty cycle %, VE airflow, INJ. pulse width cylinders 1-4

~1QWKZ24
Tuesday, June 27, 2006 8:17 PM
Don't make assumptions that its always in the pcm, check your spark first man, You could have fouled plugs or your coil packs could be bad. Theres also the possibility of bad plug wires too. I'm telling you this because I just had the same problem and it was because of fouled spark plug switched all the plugs and a port n polished head and I got a nice idle and no stall
Wednesday, June 28, 2006 12:53 PM
do the CASE learn

it cured my stalling problems

it idled funny for a little while.. but after driving around a bit the car adapted to the changes and its been driving like stock ever since

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 2:13 PM
I have a similar problem to this which as of now still nobody has been able to figure out, when i start the car up its all good but the moment i start driving around then come to a stop and press in the clutch it goes full rich and stalls

when the ECT reaches 139 or greater theres no problem at all, I for the life of me cant figure it out

Ive tried injector constants, ve tables, fuel pressure regulators, DFCO adjustments, case learn, nothing works

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 8:42 PM
spark man its not in the ecu........
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search