HPT I disabled VATS - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HPT I disabled VATS
Sunday, July 09, 2006 5:02 PM
so I disabled the VATS system and when I use my command start to start my car now, my security light and service engine light come on. Sometimes my security light will even flash, anyone else has this issue?

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Re: HPT I disabled VATS
Sunday, July 09, 2006 5:13 PM
Did you turn off both sets of VATS options, or just one?

I had the issue for a while, but it just went away, I only had one of the options turned off, I turned them both off and reflashed and the light hasn't come back since.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Sunday, July 09, 2006 5:50 PM
yah I turned off both options in that screen, I will have to check when I get home on wednesday

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Sunday, July 09, 2006 7:46 PM
VATS?

Sunday, July 09, 2006 7:53 PM
Vehicle Anti Theft System

Monday, July 10, 2006 9:46 AM
Okay, wait a minute am I reading this right? You're starting the car through the laptop? That's fricken cool, but why? Don't you have to put the key in the ignition anyway?

Monday, July 10, 2006 10:02 AM
nope. I disabled the anti theft, so I can start the car without the key in the ignition. 2000 has Passlock too, so either you buy a module or this for command start. I had the module and now this. but those damned lights come on, hopefully I missed something and I can get them to go away on thursday.

Monday, July 10, 2006 10:12 AM
Nice. That's kind of cool, man. I've been wanting to get HPT for my car just so I can tune it and get the most out of it but I never thought of using quite like that lol...

Monday, July 10, 2006 10:27 AM
Command start = physical button, HPT doesn't have the ability to send a "start" command to the car, I don't even think the car has that ability, since the starter circuit doesn't interface with the ECU.

Monday, July 10, 2006 10:41 AM
Uh huh. So he's not starting the car through the laptop...

Monday, July 10, 2006 11:03 AM
Right

Monday, July 10, 2006 11:18 AM
So, with the Disable VATS option, you could cover up your key slot on the column and wire up a starter button if you wanted to, correct? Something like those Ignited glowing push button products?

Check out my Part Out List!! Great Prices !! http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/detail/52925/

Monday, July 10, 2006 11:27 AM
You'd still have to have a way to turn your ignition on, so you'd have to get a flip button to turn the ignition on, then the starter button to engage the starter.

Monday, July 10, 2006 11:30 AM
Ahhh yes. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Neat stuff.

Check out my Part Out List!! Great Prices !! http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/detail/52925/

Monday, July 10, 2006 11:45 AM
also makes stealing the car alot easier

Monday, July 10, 2006 12:53 PM
Black Ops Ecotec wrote:So, with the Disable VATS option, you could cover up your key slot on the column and wire up a starter button if you wanted to, correct? Something like those Ignited glowing push button products?

You would still need to put the key in to unlock the sterring wheel as well.

FU Tuning

Monday, July 10, 2006 1:00 PM
yeah but even that is not difficult to disable when you take you wheel off.

Monday, July 10, 2006 1:01 PM
good points, those could all be gotten around. But with my alarm/starter theft won't be an issue.

Monday, July 10, 2006 1:07 PM
easier to steal a car with alarm then with out , since all the wires stand out like a sore thumb , lol

but then i spent 10years or more installing alarms , and 95% are easy to get around

Monday, July 10, 2006 1:11 PM
Alarms don't stop a thief for stealing a car. My Saab had an alarm with all the starter disable and lights and sirens and none of it kept it from being stolen.

Monday, July 10, 2006 1:28 PM
obviously not, but unless they wanna remove my dash and complete the power circuit that starts the car runs through the immobilzer.

Monday, July 10, 2006 3:06 PM
ge_forcez22 wrote:obviously not, but unless they wanna remove my dash and complete the power circuit that starts the car runs through the immobilzer.

Nice.

Monday, July 10, 2006 3:56 PM
I've had a car stolen before, so I custom installed my immobilizer, I kinda like my car for now, and I wanna keep it that way. If they smash a window or panels, that is an easy fix. Trying to piece together another engine/turbo/body style/rims, I like might take some time.

Monday, July 10, 2006 5:06 PM
they do have wireless fuel and starter cuts so that cant be disabled... and if you install the alarm correctly the wires should be invisible (hidden in stock wireloom)

Monday, July 10, 2006 5:41 PM
^^^not sure how that would work with command start though, I needed everything to go through my unit.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search