S-AFC II Help Needed - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
S-AFC II Help Needed
Tuesday, July 11, 2006 2:15 PM
Hi I went out and baught an Apexi S-AFC II and I opened it up and noticed it was very informative. I also noticed that it was only helpful if you owned a Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Mitsubishi, Mazda, Subaru, Susuki or a Daihatsu. I own a 2003 pontiac sunfire, a domestic car but no wheres in this 63 page install book is there anything for us guys or gals.

Now my question is does anyone know where I could get the wire diagram for an ecotec computer so I can wire this darn thing up?

If I had a forien car it would be easy but I don't and I am having a hard time trying to figure all this wiring up stuff out so if anyone has it installed and can send pictures of where the wires go or know of a site where it will inform or show me which wire is what at the computer it would be great. Just email me pictures or websites to paauw@netrover.com or send them to my member inbox.

Any and all help is greatly needed and greatful.

Thanx in advance for any help.

Project Yellow Blur Is Under Way ! ! ! ! !

Re: S-AFC II Help Needed
Tuesday, July 11, 2006 2:23 PM
http://www.ny-jbodies.org/library/library.asp

BTW, the SAFC is the worst piece of trash I ever put on my car... Ran 10x better when I took it off.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 2:26 PM
Well I just have heard alot of good things about it and payedlike nothing for it so I am hoping it will help me out just a little bit.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 5:42 PM
Hi thanx that site was really helpful but I also need to know where the rpm signal wire is and it does not list it, if you know of anymore sites or where to find it please let me know.

P.S. if anyone else needs wiring for something go to the site listed above it's a great helper.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 10:00 PM
@!#$ i wish i could remember where the rpm signal was but on my car it was found in an open slot on the ecu plug. I simply slid the wire in that pin and voila. I need to find this again as well so i can hook up my shift light, any help guys?

"Horsepower is the Ultimate Accessory"
Wednesday, July 12, 2006 12:07 AM
C2-10 but thats 2.4L only

For the eco I think you have to go right to the ignition harness.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 2:29 PM
So does anyone know which wire I tap into for the rpm signal? Also it asks if I am using a hot wire - flap or pressure sensor or is my car using the karman type frequency? I would like to know that aswell. Also would my IAT sensor signal wire me where I would tap into for my airflow/pressure signal wire or what is the wire I should tap into for that???

Please all help is needed I am sitting here with no ride because I have it half installed and need to finish it asap.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 3:14 PM
You have a pressure sensor.

No, you tap into the MAP sensor signal, not the IAT.

Sorry I can't help with the RPM signal, might want to talk to Hypsy about that one.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 3:25 PM
I thought to also I was told if you tap into the ckp sensor and tell the safc 2 that you have 2 cylinders that it will read the correct rpm but I would like to know which wire would be the correct wire to tap into.

Shifted thanx for the great help.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 3:59 PM
I wouldn't tap off the CKP sensor, its pretty important to the operation of the ECU (and ultimately the engine) that the signal be clean. I will direct Hypsy to this post to help out.

Also, when you are doing the setup for the sensor, make SURE you set it to 5in/5out. Its important for it to run correctly and not throw map codes (which you will probably do anyway).

Thursday, July 13, 2006 11:00 AM
Alright thanx, ya if you could get hypsy to help me out that would be great.

When you say set it to 5in - 5out I am guessing you mean the map sensor right?

Also so far now I have all the wires marked and ready to hook up I am just waiting for the rpm signal wire to finish and hook it all up. Thanx for all help and I am hoping to get this this up and going soon.

I wish these damned cars just came with a stupid basic rmp wire this would have been in the day I got it.

Thursday, July 13, 2006 11:07 AM
Find his AIM info, the information is also found through search in the performance forum.

Yes, the 5/5 is for the MAP sensor.

Thursday, July 13, 2006 11:39 AM
I don't quite know what you mean by find his aim info? Alright ya hopefully I can get this infor for tonight and instal the thing and see how it all goes.

Thursday, July 13, 2006 12:21 PM
His information to page him through AIM (or send him a PM) is in his registry. Just go to member search and type hypsy.

Thursday, July 13, 2006 2:48 PM
oh I did that now I seen on ny-jbodys that someone taped into there one coild wire for a shift light, would that work for an rpm signal if I set the controller to 2 cylinders? If so I might do that if there is nothing else that will work. Also I was told I can tap into the camshaft possition sencor and that would work aswell. I nothing else what would be the best choice to tap into for it? Also what would I have to put for cylinder number if I taped into the camshaft possition sencor or is that just a bad idea all together?

Thursday, July 13, 2006 2:53 PM
Its a bad idea, like I said, its like a 5x signal, so there is nothing that will give a good reading, can't set it to 2, 4, 6, or 8 cyl like that.

You can tap into some ignition wire, but I don't know which one.

Thursday, July 13, 2006 4:07 PM
Ok well I know which wire I need to tap for the ignition wire hook up so would that be my best bet?

Thursday, July 13, 2006 6:02 PM
Yeah

Thursday, July 13, 2006 10:16 PM
Ok I got it all hooked up now and it is not reading my throttle possition right. 1 way it will say that it is always at 100% throttle and the other way says that is always at 7% to 8% throttle all the time. What do you think could be wrong and also would that be a reason why the correction is not reading minus or possitive anything aswell. I am thinking if I can get the throttle working I am hoping that it will read the corrections aswell if not then I will have to recheck the wiring but i know everything is right because I check it all over like 5 times but I will recheck the wires again but I I sure that aint the problem so any one got any suggestions???

Thursday, July 13, 2006 10:52 PM
How do you have it hooked to the tps?

Friday, July 14, 2006 11:47 AM
Trought the wire that goes into the pcm. I hooked all the wires from the S-AFC 2 up to the pcm wires about 6inches to a foot away from the actual pcm. I went through the initial setup and did it all but when i use the display screen it reads 100% throttle all the time or when I change the setting it reads 7% to 8% throttle all the time even when I pump the gas peddle it stays the same. Would that also be the reason it is not reading a correction either or is something wrong there too?

Friday, July 14, 2006 12:35 PM
I know, but what wire do you have it hooked to?

Friday, July 14, 2006 5:15 PM
Green rpm signal wire - IC Timing Control A (set the S-AFC-2 for 2 cylinders)
Grey throttle signal wire - TP sensor Signal Wire
Purple knock signal wire - Knock Sensor Signal Wire
PCM side airflow sensor - MAP Sensor Signal Wire To PCM
(Yellow Wire)
Pressure sensor side - MAP Sensor Signal Wire To Sensor
(White Wire)

Hopefully this will help you help me.

Friday, July 14, 2006 6:05 PM
Can you tell me which connect, color wire, etc that you got the TPS signal, and how you have your settings? Did you do the calibration thing in the SAFC for the TPS?

Friday, July 14, 2006 9:01 PM
Ok the color of wire I taped into for the tp signal was a dark blue and was located on the black connector in possition 31. I used the diagram from the site you sent me and I hooked it all up according to the diagrams. I did what you said I put the first setting to 5in and 5out also I set the cylinders to 2 because that was the only way of reading the proper rpms and I put it on hot wire and a 1 in and 1 out on the second option.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search