eco # for actual REFLASH for manual - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
eco # for actual REFLASH for manual
Tuesday, May 23, 2006 11:22 PM
ok i should have everything next week. i just need the part number for the acutal reflash itself.

only thing iv found so far

Data File-PCM Engine Calibration 12590819

Data File-PCM Engine Calibration 12590820

im assuming ones for a manual and the other is the auto. what part number did you guys use when you had your flash done? i know theres a decent amount of people with it now. specially without the charger

Re: eco # for actual REFLASH for manual
Tuesday, May 23, 2006 11:32 PM
dealer has to call to get the VCI #

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 5:46 PM
dealler has to call who? VCI? could you be a little more specific eric? i know youv had it done

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 6:37 PM
they have to call tech line , they know who to call

if they didnt know who to call , i wouldnt get it there , lol

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 8:48 PM
how much is the reflash?

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 9:17 PM
how well would the gm reflash work with a rsm blower kit?

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 9:26 PM
should work the same as with the other charger just different setup. Have you had any issues with your blower kit because all i hear about rsm is crap.

*2012 mazdaspeed3*
Wednesday, May 24, 2006 9:35 PM
thats all i keep hearin to, but so far havent had any issues other than the belt was cheap

Thursday, May 25, 2006 12:46 AM
price?

Thursday, May 25, 2006 8:44 AM
The price is 1 hour of labor. So if your dealer is $80 an hour you pay $80 if it is $100 you pay $100. Find the dealer with the lowest price .

Thursday, May 25, 2006 10:59 AM
The techline guys are not always friendly about giving the VCI # if you have not purchased a Supercharger, either.. I've learned this recently... any tips or just luck of the Tech Line draw?

Check out my Part Out List!! Great Prices !! http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/detail/52925/

Thursday, May 25, 2006 11:41 AM
you tell them you have the s/c kit

but my understanding is , for some reason they are ver tight on the eco reflash , so tight that it wont work with hp tuners

for some reason the coding comes up 0

Saturday, May 27, 2006 2:18 PM
anyone know the vci?

Saturday, May 27, 2006 3:02 PM
the dealer has to call to get that from techline

using the part# posted

Saturday, May 27, 2006 5:07 PM
isnt it the same for all 5 speeds?

Saturday, May 27, 2006 10:39 PM
as far as i know yes the vci is the same on the 5spd

Sunday, May 28, 2006 11:45 AM
Black Ops Ecotec wrote:The techline guys are not always friendly about giving the VCI # if you have not purchased a Supercharger, either.. I've learned this recently... any tips or just luck of the Tech Line draw?

Not really. TechLine has been made aware that the VCI's are being used for non-GM parts, and therefore are being a lot more strict about this. A loose-lipped tech told Techline about the going-ons in this forum, so expect VCI's to be MUCH tougher to get.

As for VCI's - they are different for every single vehicle.
Sunday, May 28, 2006 12:19 PM
howd you find out about that ???

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 9:05 AM
Bob Smith wrote:
Black Ops Ecotec wrote:The techline guys are not always friendly about giving the VCI # if you have not purchased a Supercharger, either.. I've learned this recently... any tips or just luck of the Tech Line draw?

Not really. TechLine has been made aware that the VCI's are being used for non-GM parts, and therefore are being a lot more strict about this. A loose-lipped tech told Techline about the going-ons in this forum, so expect VCI's to be MUCH tougher to get.

Doesn't that tech know that loose lips sink ships ... damnit all.

Check out my Part Out List!! Great Prices !! http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/detail/52925/

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 6:48 PM
I had a hard time convincing the Techline employee to give me the VCI# for a fellow club members car (because the car had been prevoiusly refalshed with an "archive report"). They will try to trip you up into admiting it is for another car, regardless of whos car it is for.

Friday, June 02, 2006 11:15 AM
Bob Smith wrote:

You can use the same VCI more then once, since there are only 2 versions of the OS (auto vs 5 speed). VCI stands for Vehicle Calibration Identifacation......... thats why each VCI is different, it's the GM stored info on that Vehicle. In that information is the OS for the ECM, thats you want when you flash the ECM..... the rest of the info (when flashing with someones VIN) gets flashed in as well. When you call Techline, your giving them the Vehicles vin, the Tech on the other side of the line takes the OS file, imbeds the Vin into it, as well as any stored Vehicle info, and loads it into the system. Then the Tech working on the car goes into the TIS2000 program, down loads the new file into the TechII, and then flashes the ECM with the new info.

With that said, you can use someone else's VCI when flashing your ECM or you can just use their VIN number. You'll get the same result.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Friday, June 02, 2006 2:41 PM
thanks for clearing that up brian. anyone care to help out with a vci?

Friday, June 02, 2006 5:39 PM
the 5spd VCI's have been the same from what i know

but the auto has been different , from what i understand , and you cant use sunfire with cav and visa-versa

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search