Reflash Question's?? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Reflash Question's??
Wednesday, May 24, 2006 11:34 PM
Alright guys I am wondering if it is possible to get the reflash done without running any boost right away. I already have the gm 310cc injectors in and my uncle and I are set to finish the turbo install this Sunday. He was thinking to save some hassel try getting the reflash done now and that way its ready for when the turbo goes in on Sunday. Could I do this and just keep the stock MAP sensor in and drive it fine? Also could somebody give me like the part numbers for the computer for the reflash? I have an 2001 2.4L manual transmission....Just want an idea because I want to make sure they don't get it wrong when I take it to have my dad reflash it for me. Thanks in advance and hopefully this will be my last topic about my turbo setup.....lol 2 years later. Thanks in advance!

~ Pictures comming soon~

~Boost. Its what's for dinner!~

Re: Reflash Question's??
Thursday, May 25, 2006 11:44 AM
the re-flash reads a 2 bar. not sure if running the stock 1bar will effect it but your idea is a good one. you may aswell install the 2bar when you do the reflash though cause its super easy and then that's one more step in the turbo install taken care of. i don't have the part # for the flash but i believe the paceparts site has it in the S/C info. i'll see if i can find it for you.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 11:49 AM
hmmmmm well can't find the # myself but i know that others on here know it.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 12:03 PM
You can do it, but you will have to install the 2 bar map sensor right away.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, May 25, 2006 2:25 PM
So just install the two bar when I get it done and it should be fine? I only have about 50 miles I need to drive it till Sunday anyway. Thanks in advance!

~Boost. Its what's for dinner!~

Thursday, May 25, 2006 2:53 PM
yeah when the flash is done, install the 2bar.

Saturday, January 12, 2008 11:31 AM
Bringing this one back.

So the car is driveable on the sc flash without boost as long as I have a 2bar in? Do I need to put the 310cc injectors in as well for the car to run? I have both, and being able to get the flash done right before I start the turbo install will save me some trouble.

Will leaving my battery unplugged do anything to the flash, or will it reset properly?

Thanks

Saturday, January 12, 2008 7:53 PM
it's best to run the 310's once you have the flash and 2 bar. I drove around with no boost at all with the 310's and reflash for quite a while.

'00 Grand Am 2.4L LD9
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/816505
Tuesday, January 15, 2008 9:45 AM
So if I were to put in the 310's and go get the flash done, then install the 2 bar map right away the car will run ok? Im guessing the car will idle like ass with the larger injectors until I get the flash done as I dont have an afpr.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search