Little question about hp tuner - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Little question about hp tuner
Thursday, October 05, 2006 5:24 PM
ok i plan on buying a hptuner for fine tuning my car(eco 2.2 2005 with t3/t4 turbo running 8psi for now), I also want to know if it is possible to disactive some check engine code?? I always have a check engine code appearing after 15min of running, (my o2 sensor in the catalytic converter (i dont have cat))

I also want to know:
- can I change the rev lmiter to 7200rpm instead of 6500?
- can I remove the speed limiter??
- can I retard the fire ??
- can you realtime tune the car??(tune the ecu while the engine running)

I never use a program like this to tune my car... I know i can destroy my engine, I will be very carefull! I wish this program is simple of use.... can I download somewhere some reflash file like gm sc reflash or other one

http://cavalierdomination.monchar.com

Re: Little question about hp tuner
Thursday, October 05, 2006 5:38 PM
- can I change the rev lmiter to 7200rpm instead of 6500? yes
- can I remove the speed limiter?? yes
- can I retard the fire ?? I assume you mean timing and I beleive this is possible
- can you realtime tune the car??(tune the ecu while the engine running) I think you can datalog but not change items while running.

Friday, October 06, 2006 11:07 AM
Steven Lemay wrote:

- can I change the rev lmiter to 7200rpm instead of 6500?
- can I remove the speed limiter??
- can I retard the fire ??
- can you realtime tune the car??(tune the ecu while the engine running)

I never use a program like this to tune my car... I know i can destroy my engine, I will be very carefull! I wish this program is simple of use.... can I download somewhere some reflash file like gm sc reflash or other one

-yes
-yes
-yes
-no. HPT doesn't do relatime tuning, you have to log data, then apply a histogram, flash the car, then repeat.

HPT isn't just a program, its an actual device that interfaces with the car through the OBD2 port, and lets you reflash the car as you see fit. The enhanced version also lets you give HPT wideband readings to properly tune the car. You get complete control over the VCM in the car and can make it do basically anything you want.

HP Tuners

Saturday, October 07, 2006 8:49 AM
ok and with hp tuner to tune my engine(it is turbo charge) i absolutely need a 2bar map sensor, am i right?

http://cavalierdomination.monchar.com
Sunday, October 08, 2006 12:29 AM
2 bar would be the best.

I just tuned my car over the last 2 days with the autotune feature, and it works so well, my car pulls 10x better, just perfect a/f all the time now, totally worth it and you need PRO (to log and correct according to wide band)

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Monday, October 09, 2006 7:25 PM
you don't NEED a 2 bar map, but with HPT, you get the ability to tune your engine with one....so it's up to you

en passant, je suis Closed sur jbodymontreal!
Tuesday, October 10, 2006 8:17 PM
I'm going to attempt a 2 bare tune here in the next few weeks and see how it goes

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Thursday, October 12, 2006 11:17 AM
unknownz24 wrote:you don't NEED a 2 bar map, but with HPT, you get the ability to tune your engine with one....so it's up to you

So if I have a stock 1 bar map and im turbocharged, I can use HPT to make the car think I have the 2 bar map? Did I understand that correctly?

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, October 12, 2006 12:58 PM
a 1 bar map can only read 1 bar. no pressure, only vacuum.

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Thursday, October 12, 2006 7:58 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:
unknownz24 wrote:you don't NEED a 2 bar map, but with HPT, you get the ability to tune your engine with one....so it's up to you

So if I have a stock 1 bar map and im turbocharged, I can use HPT to make the car think I have the 2 bar map? Did I understand that correctly?

lol, didn't tought that i would confuse someone

that wouldn't make any sense, caus if you do that, if you are like at 7psi using a 1 bar map, it will send a 2.5v signal to the pcm, but with the faked tables the pcm will think that you are running 14psi(those numbers are used for the ex. only; may not reflect reality)........

what i meant is that he can use HPT to tune his car using the stock map tables with a stock map, but the tune wouldn't be as good as if he had a 2 bar map

HPT gives you the ability to fake the tables of a 2 bar map so the PCM know whats the 2 bar map sensor is telling him, so why not take advantage of that???

hope it clear things out!
Sunday, October 15, 2006 4:03 PM
^^lol I understand now, thanks..

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search