megasquirt open loop authority and control - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
megasquirt open loop authority and control
Sunday, May 21, 2006 6:45 AM
I have a quick Q for the megasquirt gurus. I have been running my MS for a bit now and I want to start fine tuning everything to get it to 100%. I have for a while ( and shamefully, not to my knowldge) been running with EGO correction off. I have it set to engage at 160, witch is fine.....if my coolant sensor ever saw temps like that. in the hose it peaks at like 130.

any who I want to get started on it to try and get it to work right. I have done my homework and got it basiclly figured out, I just need some insurance.

for starters Im going to set the ego control to come on when Im running opp temp. and something like 1g rpms. I imagine that its going to shoot for the 14.7 I put in REQ feul. so what Im going to do is just give it a low authority see how it works and just go from there

what do you think?

am I even on the right track?

"boobs now with Riboflabin"

Re: megasquirt open loop authority and control
Sunday, May 21, 2006 8:45 AM
you will want to set the controller authority a bit larger than default. with it set to the default of 10% it will only adjust to the limit of 90% - 110%. For the first time tune I was told by the guys that wrote the code to set it at about 15%. If you go too large, the MS will overshoot one way or the other. Too small and it will take too long to make any adjustments.

I believe that the MS2 code has AFR target tables in it. It will aim for the targets in that table.

I think you are on the right track but, if you haven't already, I would read the info on www.msefi.com regarding the autotune feature in MegaTune. It really makes life alot easier.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search