Problem with OBD tests not ready after HPtuners - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Problem with OBD tests not ready after HPtuners
Saturday, October 28, 2006 8:45 AM
The last time I flashed the computer was about 5 days ago and I have put over 150 miles on the car since. The only test that is not complete is the Oxygen sensor monitor. Does anybody have any idea why this is not ready? And is there something I can do to fix this with HPTuners?

Re: Problem with OBD tests not ready after HPtuners
Saturday, October 28, 2006 12:46 PM
I'm not formiliar with HPT but if your car never goes into closed loop, it will never take a reading from your O2. You may want to ensure all of your closed loop sensors are working correctly with a tech2 and make sure the car is reaching opperating temperature.

Cardomain|Myspace

Saturday, October 28, 2006 1:36 PM
any of your o2 sensors turned off or have you disabled any codes???

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Saturday, October 28, 2006 2:20 PM
the only thing disabled is the code that turns on the engine light when the car does not enter closed loop. The car is running in closed loop now. I shut off that code before when I was running in open loop all the time.

Sunday, October 29, 2006 11:21 AM
The obdII readiness monitors will be reset with something as simple as clearing trouble codes. Generally you should follow up with an obdII "drive cycle." This includes specifics like reaching a certain coolant temp, starting and idling then driving car for a specific time, achieving specific speeds anfd holding that speed.
OBDII drive cycle for GM
Read and follow all steps. O2 monitors are referenced in second to last step.

You're in MA, right? Are you woring on an emissions test? Here in NH you're allowed one monitor to be "not ready" without a problem. Looks like the same for MA.

"If a model year 1996 through 2000 vehicle is being tested, it can pass its state inspection with as many as two OBDII monitors “not ready.” If the vehicle is model year 2001 or newer, no more than one monitor may be “not ready” for it to pass. "
MA readiness test fact sheet

HTH

-->Slow
Tuesday, October 31, 2006 1:35 AM
All of the tests were ready yesterday morning and I went and got a sticker in the afternoon. It passed with no problems.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 9:46 AM
How many drive cycles have to be completed before a test reports as ready? Thanks.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search