Dyo Results - Tuning Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Dyo Results
Saturday, November 11, 2006 10:18 PM
Hey everyone..i just dynoed my car the other day...I have a 2001 manuel Z24 Cavalier with Aem Intake, PaceSetter 4-1 Header, 2.25" piping with magnaflow high flo cat, resonater, and muffler, Motor Mounts, Tranny Mounts, and a lilttle bit of Hptuning...

I dynoed on a mustang dyno which is .18% off and i resulted in

143.7 whp x 1.18%= 170 whp
148.7 wtq x 1.18% = 175 wtq...

There is a guy in orlando that can tune hpt...im gunna give him a call and see what he can do...but comments are welcome..

Re: Dyo Results
Saturday, November 11, 2006 10:25 PM
your math is a bit f'ed up man.

Saturday, November 11, 2006 10:30 PM
hmm well if you read every once in a while, a mustang dyno is 18 % off what your hp should be,,so my math isnt @!#$ up..the final numbers are rounded so do the math..
Saturday, November 11, 2006 10:40 PM
Kyle Strosnider wrote:hmm well if you read every once in a while, a mustang dyno is 18 % off what your hp should be,,so my math isnt @!#$ up..the final numbers are rounded so do the math..

First off dont be a dick. Second i dyno on a mustang dyno and have never once head anything even close to 18% off. But seeing as you want to be a dick I wont comment any further.

Im sure a few guys with REAL built 2.4's can help you shead some light on your math.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, November 11, 2006 10:42 PM

Sunday, November 12, 2006 1:22 AM
I'll chime in and say 143whp sounds about right for your mods. Consider that number good as most 2.4's on here with those mods won't make that power. As for the adding 18%, there's just no way. That would put you around 170ish whp. Sorry but your not getting 40whp from bolt-ons.

Blew it up, build numbers coming soon
Sunday, November 12, 2006 1:57 AM
Actually.... the Mustang dyno simulates more realistic driving conditions than a dyno-jet.

The dynojet uses a drum of a known weight. And uses the time it takes to accelerate that drum, to calculate the engines power.

The mustang dyno has the drum with a motor on it that can increase load on the engine. It's actually able to simulate things like wind resistance. Some of them can do 1/4 mile times, 0-60 and 0-100 times. As well as the emissions tests.

Just a quick look on their site, MD claims their MD-250 can handle up to 1200hp. And can put up to a 605hp load on the engine. I believe these dynos are also able to put load on to hold the engine at a certain speed, to help with tuning. (though that's dangerous on nitrous/boosted cars on the edge of detonation anyways)

Typically when you see the high hp numbers posted, they've been done on a dynojet.

Sunday, November 12, 2006 7:30 AM
well for the few of you that dont believe me, you can call the shop in Orlando Florida and tell them there dyno is lieing to every single customer that goes in there...so if you want to call me wrong go ahead..i know my mods, i know what i have done to the ECU..so if your saying ive only gain 13 hp out of intake. header, exhaust, motor mounts, tranny mounts, and ecu work..then no..im calling on that one..and not only that ihave bolt ons, i do have ECU work done to it...so if you want to really call me out..drive down to orlando and talk to the shop..but dont try calling me out..and to response to phlatcav..the reason whyi responded the way i did cause your first post.
Sunday, November 12, 2006 7:40 AM
ok im gonna set this straight for everyone including phlatcav kyles numbers are legit i knw the boys from taht shop. i was watching his dyno that day and i saw his dyno pulls and talked to teh techs with him so if ne one wants to wave the bs flag on something they did not see nor witness then it shows how onesided you are. myself kyle and gary will be goin to cft again to get dyno tuned ill personmally post the link and the time to where u can watch us on cfts dyno cam.

SILVER 2000 CAMARO SS BONE STOCK..........YEAH STOCK THATS IT
slp ss build number 2288 of 4312
Sunday, November 12, 2006 8:25 AM
ok then .

Sunday, November 12, 2006 11:02 AM
i dont want to be a dick here, but i guess i will anyway.

intake= 5hp +-1
full exhaust= 8 +- 2
mounts= 1 +- 1
your own ecu tune 2 +- 4
read quick, but i believe your in fl=humidity+ heat= - a few ponies from other places

13 hp seems about right.

sorry to burst your bubble. everyone was just being honest. if u think u have more power from those mods, thats fine your entitled to your own opion. just realise your opinoin is wrong.

Don't steal, the government doesn't like competition
Sunday, November 12, 2006 12:05 PM
Central Florida Turbos .... are dynoing your car?

Sunday, November 12, 2006 2:14 PM
jersey kid, yes, they are. there is a guy can that dyno Hp Tuners so he will do it for us.
Sunday, November 12, 2006 3:10 PM
Kyle Strosnider wrote:hmm well if you read every once in a while, a mustang dyno is 18 % off what your hp should be,,so my math isnt @!#$ up..the final numbers are rounded so do the math..

Ok so you have your 175whp Cavalier, now go run mid 14s in the quarter mile.

Sunday, November 12, 2006 3:39 PM
black eco..ok..the next time i will go to the drag strip ill let you know and ill post my run..
Sunday, November 12, 2006 4:23 PM
Sorry I will call BS as well. Reason being well I have your mods plus cams I put down 145whp recently. So my extra hp would be my cams. Also SpeedRacer is on a fully built motor with tuning and he put 175 (something in that range) down. I'm in Jacksonville Fl, and would be happy to race you. In fact I should be in Orlando after thanksgiving and probably going to the track as well. I'm not trying to be a dick either but telling you what I see.

FU Tuning

Sunday, November 12, 2006 4:33 PM
Why is it that everyone gets so bent out of shape about what others think? If you are satisfied with those numbers then congrats.

However speaking from a factual standpoint, and someone who has tuned numerous cars the past 10 years or so I can tell you Mustang Dyno's are not off 18% over the dyno jets. I have absolutely no idea how you are tuning the car, what your doing to the timing, or what AFR you are choosing to lean the car out to, but the bottom line is that the ECU tuning your doing to your car which is basically stock with the first stage of bolt ons isn't going to net you much in HP numbers. I'd honestly believe about 15whp would be about right for those mods, especially without anything major done to help out flow like a ported head, intake, larger tb, or cams.

"Horsepower is the Ultimate Accessory"
Sunday, November 12, 2006 4:47 PM
Kyle Strosnider wrote:well for the few of you that dont believe me, you can call the shop in Orlando Florida and tell them there dyno is lieing to every single customer that goes in there...so if you want to call me wrong go ahead..i know my mods, i know what i have done to the ECU..so if your saying ive only gain 13 hp out of intake. header, exhaust, motor mounts, tranny mounts, and ecu work..then no..im calling on that one..and not only that ihave bolt ons, i do have ECU work done to it...so if you want to really call me out..drive down to orlando and talk to the shop..but dont try calling me out..and to response to phlatcav..the reason whyi responded the way i did cause your first post.

Your numbers are still skewed. A simple google search will tell you that the Mustang Dyno is typically off by 10%. Not 18, as you've been lead to believe. Dont believe me.... call Google and every message board that shows up in their search engine, and tell them about all the incorrect posting and results.

Now.... like mentioned. The Mustang dyno adds resistance to the rollers. It does this in order to simulate real world driving situations. So the power that it claims at the wheels, is what you're going to be making use of on the street, due to wind resistance and other conditions.

BTW....
143.7 whp x 1.10%= ~158 whp
148.7 wtq x 1.10% = ~164 wtq

At least, that's prolly what you would have put down on a dynojet.

At either rate, it's not what you put down at the wheels. It's using the same dyno when you add mods to see the results.

Sunday, November 12, 2006 7:17 PM
My last run was on a dynojet. The numbers they gave me are in my Sig...without modification. 158 is believable. 175 is not imo.

I was told by my dyno guy that most of the time the mustang results are 5-10% lower than actual numbers. I'll just leave it at that.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Sunday, November 12, 2006 7:24 PM
Kyle Strosnider wrote:well for the few of you that dont believe me, you can call the shop in Orlando Florida and tell them there dyno is lieing to every single customer that goes in there...so if you want to call me wrong go ahead..i know my mods, i know what i have done to the ECU..so if your saying ive only gain 13 hp out of intake. header, exhaust, motor mounts, tranny mounts, and ecu work..then no..im calling on that one..and not only that ihave bolt ons, i do have ECU work done to it...so if you want to really call me out..drive down to orlando and talk to the shop..but dont try calling me out..and to response to phlatcav..the reason whyi responded the way i did cause your first post.

dyno numbers are only numbers, nothing to brag about.
I only dyno 141hp.

..wanna race? >=)

Monday, November 13, 2006 10:42 AM
John Higgins wrote:Sorry I will call BS as well. Reason being well I have your mods plus cams I put down 145whp recently. So my extra hp would be my cams. Also SpeedRacer is on a fully built motor with tuning and he put 175 (something in that range) down. I'm in Jacksonville Fl, and would be happy to race you. In fact I should be in Orlando after thanksgiving and probably going to the track as well. I'm not trying to be a dick either but telling you what I see.

brian has no fuel tuning... just slight timing advance... but with his built motor putting down 171hp 158tq which help him pull off consistant 14.6 1/4mile times with his injuries... i wont mention cause most dont know but it limited his ability to shift his fastest.

300hp&tq coming soon
Team GREEN
Monday, November 13, 2006 5:37 PM
Z Speed Cavi wrote:
John Higgins wrote:Sorry I will call BS as well. Reason being well I have your mods plus cams I put down 145whp recently. So my extra hp would be my cams. Also SpeedRacer is on a fully built motor with tuning and he put 175 (something in that range) down. I'm in Jacksonville Fl, and would be happy to race you. In fact I should be in Orlando after thanksgiving and probably going to the track as well. I'm not trying to be a dick either but telling you what I see.

brian has no fuel tuning... just slight timing advance... but with his built motor putting down 171hp 158tq which help him pull off consistant 14.6 1/4mile times with his injuries... i wont mention cause most dont know but it limited his ability to shift his fastest.

I know all of this so what was the point in your post?

FU Tuning

Monday, November 13, 2006 6:01 PM
Quote:

I dynoed on a mustang dyno which is .18% off and i resulted in

143.7 whp x 1.18%= 170 whp
148.7 wtq x 1.18% = 175 wtq...

Quote:

your math is a bit f'ed up man.

.18% is less than 1%.... that's why your math is messed up. You multiplied by 118%, not 1.18%.... Lets say it does average off by 18%, who is to say you have 170whp and not 125 whp?.. wait I know how you could find out.... A DYNO!

Quote:

ou can call the shop in Orlando Florida and tell them there dyno is lieing to every single customer that goes in there

We're saying the dyno is telling the truth, you are the one saying the dyno is lieing. Seriously, +/- 18% is a lot of room. The mustang dynos handle over 1000whp. At 1000whp that would be a potential to be off by 180hp!!!!! I wouldn't pay to have a car dynoed with the results being between 820 and 1180 whp. That's just not right.

A good rule of thumbs is that with all of the bolt ons, your wheel horsepower will be roughly the stock flywheel horsepower. Very rough but I bet it is more accurate than 18%

Cardomain|Myspace

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search