HPT and 4 speed auto - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HPT and 4 speed auto
Thursday, January 18, 2007 8:56 PM
I was wondering if you can turn off traction control on the 4 speed with HPT? Or maybe adjust it?

FU Tuning

Re: HPT and 4 speed auto
Thursday, January 18, 2007 11:00 PM
traction control? thats not a function in the tranny i dont think...

there are torque reduction settings you can adjust to eliminate the power loss programmed to make the tranny last longer...

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Friday, January 19, 2007 5:00 AM
I don't believe you can John, but there is a mod you can do to the BCM that allows you to put in a switch. Its basically putting the sunfire switch in the cavalier. I'll have to dig up the wiring diagrams again, but there are some posts about how to do it in the transmission forum.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Friday, January 19, 2007 6:01 AM
Shifted wrote:I don't believe you can John, but there is a mod you can do to the BCM that allows you to put in a switch. Its basically putting the sunfire switch in the cavalier. I'll have to dig up the wiring diagrams again, but there are some posts about how to do it in the transmission forum.

Ok just wondering. 1 the Reaper is auto, but someone asked me and I was not sure. I have also heard rumors that pulling the ebrake a notch will turn it off. I also know some people with the B&M shift pluss had there's turn off, but it did not for us. Thanks for the info. I will see what I can find in the tranny forum.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 11:31 AM
sorry to thread jack but shifted have you found those diagrams? i tried searching through the transmission forum and i can find it. but if it matters i need it for a 96. thanks.

Thursday, January 25, 2007 12:11 PM
eh... idk about your car john, but in my 98 z24 all you gotta do to turn the traction control off is to simply drop it down into low or 2nd gear.

Thursday, January 25, 2007 4:32 PM
z yaaaa wrote:eh... idk about your car john, but in my 98 z24 all you gotta do to turn the traction control off is to simply drop it down into low or 2nd gear.

Yes that work s as well. I would like to turn it off completely.

FU Tuning

Friday, January 26, 2007 11:52 AM
lol install an autotrans interceptor-that'll to the trick.

Saturday, January 27, 2007 8:20 PM
z yaaaa wrote:lol install an autotrans interceptor-that'll to the trick.

lies!
there are only 3 ways.
1 - drop into a low gear such as 2 or 1.
2- pull e brake up a notch.
3- wire in a switch.

the switch does the same thing as the ebrake. in the j`s w/o bcm`s it wires in line with the same wire as the e brake from what i remember reading. i think the ones w/ bcm`s could be done the same.

1997 RedR - ZedR
Sunday, January 28, 2007 6:17 AM
whitegoose( RedR-ZedR) wrote:

lies!
there are only 3 ways.
3- wire in a switch.

the switch does the same thing as the ebrake. in the j`s w/o bcm`s it wires in line with the same wire as the e brake from what i remember reading. i think the ones w/ bcm`s could be done the same.

I have heard of those. I have also seen cars with autotrans interceptor's installed with the trac off. Also some have had it with the B&M shiftplus as well. I was just hoping there was a way with HPT to do so.

FU Tuning

Sunday, January 28, 2007 8:49 AM
I've had mine on a on/off switch for years.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Thursday, February 01, 2007 4:41 PM
John Higgins wrote:
whitegoose( RedR-ZedR) wrote:

lies!
there are only 3 ways.
3- wire in a switch.

I have heard of those. I have also seen cars with autotrans interceptor's installed with the trac off. Also some have had it with the B&M shiftplus as well. I was just hoping there was a way with HPT to do so.
I have the B&M, and when it's ON the "trac-off" light comes on, but it still has traction control.

You need to either put it in 1st or 2nd gear, or pull the ebrake handle up a notch (or wire a switch into the ebrake.)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search