ECOTEC REFLASH solved! here w/ pics - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ECOTEC REFLASH solved! here w/ pics
Thursday, March 09, 2006 4:33 PM
OK OK guys ..i believe i have this shizzle cracked w/ help from Eric (97cavie24ls). Now we have the what and how to make it work figured out, now we just have to test it to see if will work on a turbo application. Yeah Do i earn a sticky for this?

You will need these 2 things:
1. TMAP Sensor(Temperature/ Manifold Absolute Pressure) ....................Part # 90423637
2. Connector for the TMAP(Complete w/ Wiring)...........................................Part # 88988320
(We have confirmed this by looking @ sensors in the 17800003 supercharger package)
You will need to use this Diagram To do the wiring.

-Basically you are gonna cut the connectors off of the stock harness and soder the wires to the harness provided with the above connector. In the same fasion as showin in the diagram. And to make sure there in no confusion.
NEW TMAP Sensor Connector end View

Stock MAP Sensor Connector End View

Stock IAT Sensor Connector End View
[IMG]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any other questions please ask or express them.

Now Here are the Comparison Pics....Stock On the Left and New on the Right
Also note the part numbers on the packages underneath for verification. Sensor package on the Left, and Connector package on the right.

Another View

Connector views of where the vacuum lines should connect.

With Flash

Now i made a drawing of a "maybe" bracket style thing to connect it to the manifold. I havent tried it and wont have a chance until the 18-19th area of the month due to being out of town.

-If you have an aluminum intake Manifold (i.e. Saab Manifold) Then you just need to drill a hole. If you want info im gonna say search. I posted it all once and got flamed so if you want it then search.

*************Yea i spell liek wrong get over it*****************
** If i write in caps its cause im @ work and i can only write in caps cause the keyboard is a retarded CAPS only keyboard.**

Re: ECOTEC REFLASH solved! here w/ pics
Thursday, March 09, 2006 4:35 PM
Good job man.

Thursday, March 09, 2006 4:41 PM
very cool. Now I just need to get my hands on those parts to test it with a turbo.

"Growing old is mandatory. Growing up? Definitely optional."
Thursday, March 09, 2006 4:42 PM
FstCavZ24 (Turbo ECO) wrote:HAHN Stage 2 turbo kit for sale.

how come you are selling it?

Thursday, March 09, 2006 4:46 PM
hes goin back to California.....and the hahn kit isnt smog legal.....while the gm charger is.

** If i write in caps its cause im @ work and i can only write in caps cause the keyboard is a retarded CAPS only keyboard.**
Thursday, March 09, 2006 4:56 PM
ahhh

Thursday, March 09, 2006 5:53 PM
Nice job Snowman, hopefully someone will try this out soon.

Blown.
Thursday, March 09, 2006 7:54 PM
awesome thanks

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Thursday, March 09, 2006 8:05 PM
Yeah but is the reflash out for the ecotec? I am just assuming this is whats needed in order to get the reflash to work correctly

If your interested in custom aluminum tilt wheel levers hit me up!
Thursday, March 09, 2006 8:11 PM
It is out......i have the vci numbers, i just have to download it.

also eco encriptor has the reflash in his car as we speak

Thursday, March 09, 2006 8:38 PM
Yeah i read that after i done made the post. So are you going to go to a dealership and purchase the reflash then? If so let us know how much it would cost.

Thursday, March 09, 2006 8:50 PM
its about 200......thats how much i was charged.........and im a tech @ a dealer.
I was told that since i didnt have the registration code, that i would have to pay for the reflash.

I was also told by the gm Rep in az that you have to pay for the reflash, or elses everyone will download it liek crazy since the old one was free. so they are trying to regualte the flash for the supercharger, and makin it hard to find out what all was neede to make it work on the turbo

Thursday, March 09, 2006 9:44 PM
hey thanks. Now are you running a SC or turbo on your car with the reflash? Could you tell much of a difference afterwards? If you are running turbo what is your setup like, injector size? Sorry for so amny questions but i was just curious since this is the first i have heard about it. Im not on here very often.

Brian

Friday, March 10, 2006 12:04 AM
My question is the reflash manufactuer specific. My friend tried finding out info for me by calling his Chevy dealership and he said that I'd have to get my reflash done at a Pontiac Dealership.

Just wanted to know if this is true...

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Friday, March 10, 2006 12:39 AM
Also, how much did that come out to all together?

Friday, March 10, 2006 2:39 AM
so whats so great about replacing a sensor?

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Friday, March 10, 2006 2:47 AM
Rodimus Prime wrote:so whats so great about replacing a sensor?

I believe you need to replace the sensor in order to get the reflash.

Friday, March 10, 2006 2:56 AM
Not really related but, you'll never get this stickied. So many things that have been done and they'll never be stickied (IRS how to). Nobody really pays attention. Try contacting Dave or one of the @!#$ mods and see if that helps.

Friday, March 10, 2006 7:11 AM
Thank you, Snowman

I priced out the parts up here in Mass and the GM sensor part number didn't come up in the system - I'm checking the delco number now. The wireing harness has to be ordered at $110.00 a pop...

Stickey! Stickey!! Stickey!!!

Check out my Part Out List!! Great Prices !! http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/detail/52925/

Friday, March 10, 2006 8:35 AM
awesome!!! great legwork snowman!!! seems like overnight things are opening up as great tuning options for eco J's.

I wonder if we can mount this thing on the throttle body screws and run the hose to it. Will be neat to see what you guys scrouge up for this thing lol. sounds like you can just get a ribbed hose fitting welded into the charge pipe and run the hose.

Sven you totally quarterloafed your computer..
Friday, March 10, 2006 9:31 AM
I KNOW THE SENSOR IS NTO IN THE COMPUTER, BUT IT IS ORDERABLE, THATS HOW I GOT MINE.

HAVE THE DEALER PARTS DEPARTMENT CALL THE WAREHOUSE AND CHECK THE NUMBER. THATS WHAT I HAD TO DO. BUT YOU KNWO ITS THE NUMBER CAUSE ITS ON THE PACKAGE I HAVE POSTED PICS OF

Friday, March 10, 2006 11:19 AM
Got em on order ! Woo hoo!! should be in on Wednesday or so... coming from the warehouse in MI....

Check out my Part Out List!! Great Prices !! http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/detail/52925/

Friday, March 10, 2006 1:07 PM
I ordered the connector.

I just need to get the sensor now.

Friday, March 10, 2006 2:05 PM
So if you buy the gm charger you have to do this same wiring?
Cause other wise, you could just get a 2-3 bar gm map and use the stock iat sensor.

Friday, March 10, 2006 2:09 PM
Oh, and I wonder if the map sensor you need is the same one used in the saab 9-3's.
I could probably scrounge up a couple map connectors if they are the same.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search