EXTERIOR FAQ: PLEASE READ ME FIRST - Page 3 - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: EXTERIOR FAQ: PLEASE READ ME FIRST
Monday, August 07, 2006 5:56 PM
Alright, I read through this entire thread and didn't see it so, how would I go about putting 03-05 tail lights on my 98? I'm mostly concerned about the middle panel, would it just intall onto the trunk or does it have to be molded into the trunk? Would it be easier to just get an 03-05 trunk? Thanks.

Sunday, September 03, 2006 9:59 PM
hey guys. uber noob here. looking for new mirrors on my 96 sunfire.. its a coupe so i know i cant use 4 door mirrors.. but can i use cavi coupe mirrors from the same years? thanks.
Thursday, October 12, 2006 5:50 PM
does anyone know what wires are for what on the APC M3 mirrors are?

Project Resurrection is in full swing!
Wednesday, December 13, 2006 1:39 PM
What about REAR bumper swaps? I didn't see any of those in here.

Saturday, January 20, 2007 12:50 PM
jeremy letkemann wrote:hey guys. uber noob here. looking for new mirrors on my 96 sunfire.. its a coupe so i know i cant use 4 door mirrors.. but can i use cavi coupe mirrors from the same years? thanks.

2 door mirrors are 2 door mirrors. Just make sure you get manual or electric depending on what your stock ones were...

lance sharpe wrote:What about REAR bumper swaps? I didn't see any of those in here.

I haven't done a rear bumper swap, but I've helped with a bit of bodywork. 2 door Sunfires are pretty much stuck. Even going from pre-03 to 03+, you are looking at swapping bezels, tail lights AND bumpers. It can be done without any custom bodywork, though. 4 door Sunfires, 2 and 4 door Cavaliers can swap bumpers with minimal other changes. The only thing I can think of that you have to watch out for is going from pre-03 to 03+ is that there are small pieces just below the tail lights that are either connected to the bumper (or not) depending on the year. Make sure you cover your bases there and you should be good to go.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 12:42 PM
when will this winks site be back up and running

this is an old pic updated pic soon
Wednesday, September 19, 2007 8:53 AM
This FAQ needs to be updated.... several Companies listed no longer exist and several new ones has came and took their place.... i

i'll work on a revamp...

Monday, September 24, 2007 2:26 PM
Some of the links do not work. I was looking for the link on the how-to for putting z24 skirts on a 4 door

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 7:06 AM
go to the updated one

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=7&i=349328&t=349328

its only a few posts from the top of the list right now...

MODS: Please fix the sticky =)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search