What to expect...... - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What to expect......
Sunday, February 13, 2005 5:23 PM
For Valentines day my girl is buying me a kit off of cheapkitsdirect.com. I drive a 2002 Ls Sport, I am lowered with ground controls and koni yellows. Ive decided on the drift kit because the buddy club was just too low. I know u need to modify the front to fit the head lights....do u just cut it? i also heard its good to make a L bracket to fix the bumper sag issue...does anyone have any pics of either of these 2 operations??Much help is appreciated. Btw she says for our 2 year anniversary shes going to pay to respray the whole car(wouldnt trade her for the world!) which is 2 months from now so i have time to modify it.....Thanks in advance for the help!

Re: What to expect......
Sunday, February 13, 2005 5:33 PM
Don't they make a 00-02 drift front?

-and-

The drift is higher than the buddy club 2? I always thought the drift was about as low as they came...lol

Sunday, February 13, 2005 5:57 PM
I thought the drift was as low as they go too! ya might wanna check that..or talk to a few people that have it

Check Cardomain for PICS
Sunday, February 13, 2005 6:04 PM
the bc2 rear is reallllly low.

look in my sig, thats with a prokit drop

Sunday, February 13, 2005 6:08 PM
all i have to say is get a Urathane dift front. You will be much happier with the overall look and fitment.....Check the other post thats up.....All i,ve been hearing is good things from the urathane dift. And let me tell you if you have to modify a front bumper (fiberglass) and have no experience.....it is going to be a very long and painfull process...which you might want a shop to do.....I just thought you should know that before you get yourself into trouble when the kit comes to your door

Sunday, February 13, 2005 6:13 PM
well your going to have problems with the drift kit. i have it and i had problems when i had my coils, even raised up it was a little low. not to low but some areas were rough to get into. as for the headlights if you get a kit for a 95-99 all you have to do is sand down under the headlights so it fits snug. as for the l brackets just get a few and mount them on the bumper support so that one side is flush with the support and the other sticks out parralle (sp?) with the ground. then you can lay the middle of the bumper on it and it wont sag

Sunday, February 13, 2005 7:32 PM
no offense but the Drift is just as low as the BC2 that DRIFT IS REALLY LOW MAN.

Sunday, February 13, 2005 7:42 PM
ok to clear up this discussion, Bum u got one hell of a woman. and look at these pics my car is at stock height w/ 17's-- notice i couldn't get the can all the way under

i had to sell the rear b/c i kept bottoming out . and i couldn't lower the car. i still think this is the lowest kit made right now

Sunday, February 13, 2005 8:34 PM
The buddyclub rear is lower than the drift.. there's a picture floatin on the boards here that have the drift side skirt and the buddyclub rear on a cav.. the BC sat just a little lower than the skirts.. but didn't look too bad IMO. I've heard that both kits are the lowest kits you can get.. Since your lowered .. might wanna consider at least a urethane front end.. but if you're really careful you should be alright..

I've heard that kits from cheapkits direct are pretty flexible .. which is good.

Oh and BumBizzle.. I'm ordering a drift kit from cheapkitsdirect too,, but the the rear and sideskirts are all on backorder.. wonder how long they'll be backordered?

Sunday, February 13, 2005 8:53 PM
Does the bc2 kit come in urathane or is it only a fiber glass kit?
Sunday, February 13, 2005 9:27 PM
i was talkin about the front bumper, i know the rear of the bc is way low.....but for the front i had always thought the drift was the lowest.....either way as stated above BumBizzle you got one hell of a GF.....keep her around! My GF bought me my autometer gauges and my springs, but a kit...she would never.....she hates my car though and wants me to get rid of it.....i said she'd go before the car would.....so she has backed off of that subject!

Check Cardomain for PICS

Monday, February 14, 2005 8:52 AM
my car's lowered on GroundControl coilovers (about 1/4 of the way down in the front, all the way up in the rear) with the fiberglass Street Weapon drift kit.

i RARELY touch the sideskirts or rear bumper to anything...

i drag the front maybe once or twice a week, depending on where i drive.

i'm eventually going to swap the front bumper out to a urethane one (an 03+ drift rear bumper in urethane is on the way, too)

fiberglass is nice if you dont plan on driving the car much...otherwise, be prepared for cracking and spidering..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search