04 Sunfire Trunk - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
04 Sunfire Trunk
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 8:36 PM
Okay I am going to post this message here and in the interior forum because I don't know what it falls under.

I of course have an 04 sunfire and after I wash it or it rains and I open the trunk water is inside of the trunk lid itself. I took it to the dealer and had it looked at and was told by them that this was NORMAL which I still don't believe and it is still doing this. Anyone else have this problem and how/if did you fix it?

Thanks,

Michael

Re: 04 Sunfire Trunk
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 8:47 PM
it should be in this forum. try this. find where the water is coming in at. put a dollar half way in the trunk and close it so half of it is sticking out. try and move it up and down the trunk line. it should be pretty hard to move if its sealed right. if it moves freely, open the trunk up and get a hammer and hit the lip up on the inside a little bit and try again. keep doing it until the dollar doesnt move

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 8:50 PM
They told you that was normal and you left? I would have raised hell until they fixed it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 9:01 PM
Well it is still under warranty and I no longer go to the dealer that I bought the car from because the Service Department is terrible. If you live in Wisconsin NEVER take your car to EVS Saukville to get work done. It doesn't get done right or at all because they can never duplicate the problems. So I will make an appointment at my other dealer and have it looked at. I am just worried because now I am putting my sub and stuff in and don't want water to go into the trunk when I open the trunk lid.

Thanks for info so far,

Michael
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search