carbon fiber opinion.. - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
carbon fiber opinion..
Friday, February 18, 2005 12:41 PM
Does anyone on this site have both carbon fiber on the trunk & hood..(sunfire preferably)? I'd like to see some pictures of how it looks. I'm thinking I won't like it.. but since i dont think i've seen a car with the combo, i'd like to see if anyone here has done it.. thanks!

Re: carbon fiber opinion..
Friday, February 18, 2005 12:45 PM
there are no carbon fiber sunfire trunk lids being made.

and as far as carbon fiber hood, i believe only VIS and RK Sport make them for sunfires. there might be more, but those are the only two i can think of right off hand.

Friday, February 18, 2005 12:53 PM
oh..

i saw a trunk on ebay which is why i asked.. i had never seen it before

this trunk..
Friday, February 18, 2005 12:56 PM
they probabaly wrapped a normal sunfire trunk lid since VIS does not make sunfire trunk lids...therefore they lied about it being VIS and they cant even provide a picture of the actual product? i wouldnt buy it if i was you
Friday, February 18, 2005 1:05 PM
alright... thank you both!
Friday, February 18, 2005 8:26 PM
Prob just feeling for interest.

^^Home made sig^^ ghetto, I know. http://members.cardomain.com/blackoutfire
Friday, February 18, 2005 8:36 PM
orangeISH wrote:oh..

i saw a trunk on ebay which is why i asked.. i had never seen it before

this trunk..

they are probably refering to a 4 door sunfire which would have the same trunk as a cavalier and would work

Friday, February 18, 2005 9:25 PM
no, cause the auction's for a 03+ trunk lid... which (unless you are in Canada) is only coupes. so my guess is that it's a cheap brand but they are trying to sell it as VIS.

kinda makes you wonder why there's no pics of the product they are selling. i wouldn't buy anything like that.

Friday, February 18, 2005 11:43 PM
well i kno for a fact they sell carbon fiber trunks but yes they are for the 4 door if u look at the pic it is a cavy on it with the toyota badge on the lid and the auction is for 05-02 i think not sure look it up search 95 sunifre you will find it
Saturday, February 19, 2005 8:55 AM
i emailed VIS and never got a response.. theres also been ebay auctions for a evo hood for 03up fires.. never got an answer about either..

here comes the boost!
Saturday, February 19, 2005 9:54 AM
justin rockwell wrote:well i kno for a fact they sell carbon fiber trunks but yes they are for the 4 door if u look at the pic it is a cavy on it with the toyota badge on the lid and the auction is for 05-02 i think not sure look it up search 95 sunifre you will find it

you see a cavalier in that auction that was posted above?

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 8:25 PM
cannon fodder wrote:
justin rockwell wrote:well i kno for a fact they sell carbon fiber trunks but yes they are for the 4 door if u look at the pic it is a cavy on it with the toyota badge on the lid and the auction is for 05-02 i think not sure look it up search 95 sunifre you will find it

you see a cavalier in that auction that was posted above?

he said he has a sunfire and they will fit a 4 door sunfire just like i said
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 8:31 PM
Yes, there is a Carbon Fiber trunk for the Sunfire...sedan. It's the same as a Cavalier sedan, so you can use a Cav CF trunk....as for the rest of you??

Sorry

My Car Domain
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 8:47 PM
I would swear that I've seen a site that had CF lids for the 03+ fires, completely smoothed. I wish I could remember where. I don't have a fire, and I don't particularly dig the CF hood/trunk look, so I just kept surfing.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search