Would hood pins help my un-even hood? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Would hood pins help my un-even hood?
Friday, February 25, 2005 2:44 PM
I have a 99 Z24 with a soundspeed ram air hood, it is un-even on the right side, it sit higher than the left side, no amount of adjust could fix it. i can make it even if i press on it. so i'm curious if hood pins could help, i know that they will fix the un-even hood, but will the hood crack or the paint chip since the hood pins push the hood down.

Re: Would hood pins help my un-even hood?
Friday, February 25, 2005 4:58 PM
is there something there that is blocking it? did you turn the knob above the headlight to adjust the hood at all? i know you said if you put pressure on it, it will lay flat. assuming you did put hood pins in there, you would have to push it down and latch it to make it stay and i dont know how good that would be for the hood with all the stress thats going to be pushing on the latch.

Friday, February 25, 2005 5:46 PM
like bagged said there are 2 hood "bumpers" underneath ur hood just take and turn it to the right and it will lower down if u didn't do that then most likely that is your problem. where did you purchase the hood?

Friday, February 25, 2005 7:35 PM
Mine sticks up too. Not ALL the way back like yours does, but it sticks up in the middle. It's nothing underneath the hood keeping it from going down-- we've also tried adjusting mine. My hoodpins keep mine down, but since yours is stickin up all the way back like that- I dunno. You could try hood pins. You should probably use them anyway to be on the safe side. As for them cracking your hood, mine have never cracked my hood or done any damage to my hood what-so-ever and they are pretty much holding one side of my hood DOWN. I have to push down on my hood to latch the left side hood pin-- no problems thus far and I've had it like that since fall. GL!
Friday, February 25, 2005 10:07 PM
there is nothing underneith it, the rubber bumper is all the way down and i've even taken it out, its just uneven, i have heard this happening with soundspeed products
Saturday, February 26, 2005 6:55 AM
try using a couple of washers on the hinges.... i've heard a couple people doing that with the soundspeed hoods

ClassGlass / RkSport / Eibach / Motegi / Ractive / Borla / K&N

Saturday, February 26, 2005 9:30 AM
my stock one is like that too...listening....

Saturday, February 26, 2005 9:50 AM
if its a fibergalss hood it will probly do that cause most of them whont line up perfect but i would agree with if you put more stress on the hood it could be tio much and crack it!
Saturday, February 26, 2005 10:37 AM
well what i would do is loosen the primary latch the one on the core support
bring it down and also bring the hood bump`s down also if the hood pop`s hard you went to low with the latch
so in small amounts bring the bump stops back up
second it`s f/b make that sum bitch fit if that didn`t do it i would shave off some of the f/b i wouldn`t put washers under the hinges there are other ways of making a f/b hood fit with out washers
try that

can i haz bondo
Sunday, February 27, 2005 2:00 PM
i had the same problem, i adjusted the rubber bump stops and installed hood pins, hood sits evenly now...... the pins did help big time.... i also eliminated the stock latch
Sunday, February 27, 2005 4:19 PM
is the hood brand new?

if not, have you been to outdoor shows? with the hood poped all day in the warm sun?

this could be caused from the hood prop....just an fyi

Portage, MI

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search