GM Part # on spoiler? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GM Part # on spoiler?
Saturday, February 26, 2005 8:35 PM
So my body shop guy refuses to pay for the crack in my stock spoiler on my 03 Cav, saying that it was not caused by having to slam the trunk shut but because it is an aftermarket spoiler (a lie)!

What a load of BS! Why would I buy an aftermarket that looks like the stock? Is there a way I can pull this part and find a GM part # on it somewhere? I want to make this guy eat his words and paint their defective product.

Trunk has never shut properly, even after being adjusted by GM twice. It finally cracked from me having to shut the trunk so hard to get it to close.

Still under warranty but man they are saying ANYTHING to avoid paying for it. I am going to take them to court this time, I swear.

It's time we stood up to these A-holes so they will stop treating warranty repairs like we have done something wrong to our cars.

Re: GM Part # on spoiler?
Saturday, February 26, 2005 9:52 PM
just take the spoiler off ... and look on the underside ... there should be a place where GM stamped it ... on the 02 spoiler i know its stamp with gm and i think even the parts number im not sure about the 03 spoiler i never took the rims to look at mine
Saturday, February 26, 2005 11:41 PM
what spoiler do you have on it? picture?

Sunday, February 27, 2005 11:05 AM
Show them a 2003-2005 Cavalier brochure. There it should show that it came from the factory. If not talk to the manager there. Still no response or fix, demand to speak with a GM representative over the phone right there in front of them.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Sunday, February 27, 2005 5:32 PM
If you still need the part number let me know and I will post it up for you. As for the trunk not closing properly have you checked the alignment of the lock assembly and also check the plastic box release mechanism on the inside as well.

Sunday, February 27, 2005 7:46 PM
ive been in the same situation- jackass service dept wants to be cheap and not fullfill a warranty- dont deal with them. take it to another dealership, thats the best way to go. but BEFORE you do that, do what mr goodwrench said and get a brochure with a pic of the spoiler-just in case they try to pull a scam on you, that way you can pull that out and after that, well, they cant refuse it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search