Ebay Items?!?! - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ebay Items?!?!
Friday, February 25, 2005 1:16 PM
Looking for a cheap way to just lower my car a good 2" and get some 18"rims and tires. I understand that you get what you pay for but I've been told that Ebay has some decent stuff for someone, like myself, looking to only do a little modding to my everyday driver. Any bad experiences with certain ebay Springs or Rims companies that I should watch out for? All opinions welcome!

Thanks

Green Goblin Will Be Out Soon!

Re: Ebay Items?!?!
Friday, February 25, 2005 1:23 PM
rims1.com is a good company to deal with.. and dont go for the springs.. trust me man.. they are more trouble then they are worth.. sure it might be $50 to lower the car, but then when you hit a bump and your strut housing dings your hood.. beleive me.. not worht it at all.. save for good spings...

Memeber since 4/2002
Premium since 1/2005
Friday, February 25, 2005 1:26 PM
regarding suspension, Event made an excellent post about it in the suspension and brake forum. http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=3&i=50260&t=50260 please read that. body kits and intakes you can go cheap on with little problems, but not with suspension.

Friday, February 25, 2005 1:28 PM
HA! Forget the springs......... If' you're going down 2" then the springs are the LEAST of your worries. Invest in some Koni struts first. If you stick with stock, you are going to be changing your struts as often as your oil.

2" drop + stock struts = blown struts and crappy ride.

If anyone says that lower than 1" they have a nice ride, then I call the biggest flag up. You don't know what nice ride feels like then. You have a 97.... those structs won't take much to blow with ANY drop.

Jay

One huge aluminum wing - $200
More vinyl graphics than your ride can handle - $150
Decals for products you don’t even have - $10
500lbs of Car Audio equipment in the trunk - $1500
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Getting slaughtered by a KIA - Priceless
Friday, February 25, 2005 1:41 PM
Spend the extra money and go with some Eibach springs and some Koni;s or KYB AGX's. I used to have coilovers from ebay and they blew....my tires wore out in like a year and it felt like the damn stock struts were gonna come through the floor. Plus they didnt even come with all the parts

Friday, February 25, 2005 1:57 PM
CHEAP LOWERING=CUT STOCK SPRINGS

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Friday, February 25, 2005 4:36 PM
^^^if you're gonna cut them make sure you take out the middle 2 inches, all the springiness is on the ends so you wanna keep them.

Friday, February 25, 2005 4:54 PM
dont listen to either of those 2 ^^. do not cut the springs, if you cut the springs your just going to do more damage to your car. do it right the first time and you wont have to redo it. suspension is not cheap.

Friday, February 25, 2005 7:43 PM
Goldlines. 1 3/4" drop, and decent for price. I love mine.

Friday, February 25, 2005 9:20 PM
I've got a set of Intrax lowering springs that I'm trying to sale (pretty cheap). They are between a 1.75" to 2" drop and I liked them when they were on my car (for a short time). I just opted for coilovers since I live in the middle of nowhere and winter is bad and I need to be able to raise the car up for all the snow.

Let me know if you're interested....it's not the BEST ride (cause lowering your car and getting a nice ride is impossible), but they're still pretty good compared to a lot of others and you're car is lowered.

Saturday, February 26, 2005 3:28 PM
i had intrax springs on my ford probe on stock struts, they rode suprisingly nice.

Saturday, February 26, 2005 11:32 PM
^^^if you're gonna cut them make sure you take out the middle 2 inches, all the springiness is on the ends so you wanna keep them.

YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME RIGHT?? OK DUDE, Some of these people have no clue what they are saying, even if it was a joke. Save ur cash and go with some good struts and springs... KYB and H&K is my suggestion. Other then that, DONT CUT YOUR OEM Springs please...Or I will have to smack you with a tack hammer!!!!

"Your a mean mean maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!!"
Saturday, February 26, 2005 11:49 PM
lmao, ya cut the middle of the spring, thats a GREAT IDEA lol, good joke though, specially when someone posts in a week about how they cant get the 2 halves to fit back together properly. as a side note, gravana has some really nice shocks/springs combos right now, tien springs and i forget which brand strut but i'd check out that site they have some good deals, as another side note i was wondering how long the stock struts will last on lowered springs, say 1.5 inch drop since you guys seem to have some experience with drops .

J~
Sunday, February 27, 2005 12:16 AM
J~ wrote:as another side note i was wondering how long the stock struts will last on lowered springs, say 1.5 inch drop since you guys seem to have some experience with drops .

J~

not very long. of course, some last longer than others and some blow right away, but why risk it? get the springs and struts, and put them both in at the same time. otherwise, you're gonna have to take the new springs off the stock struts, put the springs on the new struts and put it all back in. you're making way more work for yourself than you need to. do it all at once and do it right. it will save you so many headaches...

Sunday, February 27, 2005 9:15 AM
my brother just tried to get away with some ebay special lowering springs. yeah $100 sounds nice for shipped springs.... but after 2 new struts and bearings and $370 later he wishes he would have listened to me

don't waste money do it right the first time

Click Here, To Check Out My Interior

Monday, February 28, 2005 1:57 AM
my idea was to put springs on the car, when the struts blow, put a high quality aftermarket set on, but after checking around the springs and struts are a combo deal for 675 and seperate the springs are 180 and the struts are another 599 so i would be wasting time and money.

J~
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search