GM Extreme Tuner Front Bumper & Foglights... - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GM Extreme Tuner Front Bumper & Foglights...
Friday, March 04, 2005 11:01 PM
Can someone who currently owns an 2003 - 2005 LS Sport/Z24 and has switched their front end to the GM Extreme Tuner Front Bumper tell me if they were still have to use their foglights or did they have to be discarded with the bumper change. I'm just curious because I seen a few pics of this bumper and seen almost no one with foglights. If someone did do this switch and were able to keep there foglights, could the please tell me and how?

I want to know this as I am very close to buying this front bumper but also plan to use factory foglights with my car, if possible.

Re: GM Extreme Tuner Front Bumper & Foglights.
Friday, March 04, 2005 11:04 PM
**"have" in line 2 should be "able"...

sorry about that.
Saturday, March 05, 2005 8:22 AM
part of the bumper blocks the fog light if i remember correctly

search for some of darkstars posts , he is 1 of the few with the front bumper

Saturday, March 05, 2005 8:29 AM
The xtreme tuner doesn't replace the bumber, you cut the @!#$ out of the stock on and it goes on top, let me try to find a decent pic with the foglights hang on a little bit

Saturday, March 05, 2005 8:36 AM

the small messed in area on the side is right where the stock fog lights are, I still have my stock foglights in it, I sprayed black ruberized undercoating over the stock front end on everythign you could see through that vent, then went over it with flat black spray paint, it looks like nothign is there but the factory fogs are there, Ihave to take a coupel pics of my car for somethign else today I'll take one of in the hole to so you can see what I'm tlaking about

Saturday, March 05, 2005 8:40 AM
Thanks Darkstars much appreciated.

But to understand this correctly, you are saying the Xtreme Tuner front bumper doesn't replace the factory bumper, I would just have to cut and manipulate to set it on top of the factory bumper? If so, then thanks for telling me because is was something I did not realize.
Saturday, March 05, 2005 8:47 AM
yes it is not a REPLACEMENT its a cover, you have to cut up the stock front end and this fits on top of it, because of that the fit sin't the greatest, specially around where the front end meets the fenders, it doesn't meet flush since this is a layer on top of the stock front end which meets flush with the fneders. It pisses me off, I bought it from GM vbefore it was even available, I was the first order they had for it hahahah, they failed to mention it was a cover, they said it was a bumper cover, me being a tech knows what people call the "bumper" is the bumper cover, the actually bumper is the metal brace underneith it, so I didn't thik twice about it, then found out it was a cover for the bumper cover, I was pised e-mailed GM they didn't so @!#$, except change the website and call it a "glove over system"

Saturday, March 05, 2005 8:55 AM
Thanks again Darkstars...I just went to the GM-Restoration site and took a look at the kit and I now see that they have this text regarding the front bumper...

"Cavalier Xtreme Tuner Front Bumper Fascia Cover Standard Coupe or Sedan - Includes mounting hardware Paint Ready (designed to fit over existing bumper)

Previous to this, they didn't have that information listed...well here's to hoping the rear isn't the same way.

Thanks again for your help.
Saturday, March 05, 2005 1:20 PM
The whole kit is that way, the rear fits liek the razzi, you glue on a piece that covers the bottom 1/2 of the stock bumper, I THINK the sides are actuall replacement but I wouldn't be surprised if they wern't

here the foglight I promised

Saturday, March 05, 2005 1:22 PM
by they way good thread made me rememeber I have a foglight out hahaha

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search