HID's, not same crap as always.... read - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HID's, not same crap as always.... read
Saturday, March 05, 2005 1:25 PM
I just had a thought..... HID's in the stock foglight housing.... leave the regular lights alone or add HID's whatever but has anyone tried or heard of this? It came to mind cause 03-05 cavi healights + HID's will blind everyone and i have a foglight bulb out right now so the thought crossed my mind... I know the housing would have to be modified to accept a different typ of bulb or whatever but yeah... thoughts? opinions?

Re: HID's, not same crap as always.... read
Saturday, March 05, 2005 1:54 PM
Hids in the fog suck, but if you don't get any fog where you live at I would say go for it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
04 Cavy LS Sport

Saturday, March 05, 2005 1:59 PM
i know people who've put them in the fog and they look fine. especially with the fogs and corners on, headlights off

Saturday, March 05, 2005 2:02 PM
I never use my foglights

Saturday, March 05, 2005 6:55 PM
doesnt the light from HIDs have to be projected with projectors or some style or the light will just scatter really bad wont it?

lol, 4th, oh well, im working on it.
Saturday, March 05, 2005 8:22 PM
Its not going to look good. Fog lights are mounted so low that you wont get a large field of view with them. so youll have a large bright spot right in front of your car.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday, March 05, 2005 10:20 PM
you should be able to get a silverstar HID light made for the fog light, we sell em at my work, i think it'll be a H3 or a H4, i'm not sure, but i can check on monday if nessary. And it should be as easy as just changing the bulb.

Saturday, March 05, 2005 10:42 PM
Roger Sigurdur wrote:you should be able to get a silverstar HID light made for the fog light, we sell em at my work, i think it'll be a H3 or a H4, i'm not sure, but i can check on monday if nessary. And it should be as easy as just changing the bulb.

i didn't think silverstar were HID

Saturday, March 05, 2005 11:25 PM
Silverstars aren't HID's I'm confused

Sunday, March 06, 2005 10:34 AM
Rogers probably talking about the Sylvania HID Xenarc.
Clicky
I haven't heard good stuff about that Auxiliary Low Beam kit. People complain that it dosent put out a lot of light.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
04 Cavy LS Sport

Sunday, March 06, 2005 10:45 AM
sorry guys, i was talking about these
click here
sorry if i confused you, but i guess i'm not knowing what i'm talking about... ok, now i'm confused? I need to do more looking around on HID lights i guess...

Sunday, March 06, 2005 12:47 PM
Well what are you wanting to do this for.. ?

If you actually aim them as fog lights, they would be crazy arse fog lights.

Or are you wanting to just subsitute them as driving lights.. ? I dont get it.

Sunday, March 06, 2005 5:56 PM
Roger Sigurdur wrote:sorry guys, i was talking about these
click here
sorry if i confused you, but i guess i'm not knowing what i'm talking about... ok, now i'm confused? I need to do more looking around on HID lights i guess...

Thats just halogen bulbs

What I listed before are true hid's

04 Cavy LS Sport

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search