03 Sunfire SS on 97 Z24? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
03 Sunfire SS on 97 Z24?
Saturday, March 05, 2005 1:44 PM
I think I already know the answer but I want other opinions to make sure that I am right......... Will 03 Sunfire sideskirts fit on a 97 Z24 Cavalier?

Re: 03 Sunfire SS on 97 Z24?
Saturday, March 05, 2005 2:09 PM
Yep

Saturday, March 05, 2005 4:47 PM
thats what i was thinking.... thanks for letting me know i was actually right for once

Saturday, March 05, 2005 7:36 PM
I'm gonna highly recommend you not go that route unless you REALLY like them. First off, they've got "Sunfire" embossed into them so you're going to have to fill that in if you don't want your Z24 to look retarded.

Secondly, they're held on using a whole bunch of plugs and have a rail riveted to the body just under the door to help support them. Unless you're going to carefully measure and drill a LOT of holes in the side of your car, you're going to have a really tough time getting them properly secured.

You could use a whole bunch of urethane to permanently bond them to the car if you'd like but I hope you're not expecting this to be as simple as just replacing the skirts with base model Cav skirts or something.

On the other hand, if you're referring to the 03 Sunfire sedan (Canada only) then yes, they'll fit right up without issues but they're the same as the previous sedan skirts anyway.

Saturday, March 05, 2005 11:44 PM
not to mention the sunfire front wheelwell is slightly different than the cav wheelwell...

the front part of the skirt will actually overhang about 14-1/2 inch.....

ill see if i can get a pic tomorrow of my cavfire to explain better

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Sunday, March 06, 2005 2:02 PM
Thats what I am doing........ building a cavfire (2 of them actually). I have a 97 Z24 Cavalier and and my wife has a 97 Sunfire SE. So, I will be using her sunfire front end on my cavalier. We are just putting the stock Z24 cavalier front end off of my car on her sunfire for know until we do some more work on my car. I was browsing around and came accross the Bomex side skirts for the 03 Sunfire that I really liked for my conversion. I shouldn't have the problem that was mentioned about the front wheel well being dif because I am using sunfire fenders on my cavalier right? As far as the holes that were mentioned my wild wiesle..... my z24 already has holes drilled into it under the doors that has clips in it to hold the Z24 side skirts on...... is this the same design clips that hold the 03 sunfire sides on? Will the holes that are drilled for my z24 clips work on the sunfire side skirts (if not will the holes at lest work for the setup that I need or will I still have to drill more holes?)

Sunday, March 06, 2005 11:04 PM
you will be fine then...

and the aftermarket sideskirts dont have clips... so your ok on that too

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Monday, March 07, 2005 6:16 AM
If you're using the Bomex sides, you should have no issues. It's the stock sides that use the plugs and the rail and no, those clips for the Z24 skirts are not the same.

Monday, March 07, 2005 11:43 AM
So, if I use the Bomex 2003 Sunfire sideskirts on my 97 Z24 Coupe Cavalier then I will need to remove the clips and fill in the holes that held on my factory sideskirts and then the Bomex sides will fit ok after I do the front end conversion?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search