molding skirts - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
molding skirts
Saturday, March 05, 2005 7:19 AM
before any one says fusor 147 or search I did and I just had one question that wasn't answered it was when I use the fusor to put the skirts on what or how do I just it to smooth into the body from the tops of ths skirts I hears glass and filers like tiger hair but just wanted to know thanks

Re: molding skirts
Saturday, March 05, 2005 9:17 AM
fusor 147 is for urethane. so as long as your kit is urethane it will work, but you're going to have to strip the paint off of the side skirt and metal. from what i've read, you're gonna have to go down to the metal. might just want to double check on that though, i could be wrong.

Saturday, March 05, 2005 9:35 AM
Use a heavy filler and a surform file. and i'm using an adhesive that i got from autozone for my glass kit. also, using rivits and a custom braket under the skirt thats getting rivited to the bottom of the skirt.

Use a heavy filler and surform file to mold it, then use bondo to smooth it out, and spot putty to make it completely smooth

Saturday, March 05, 2005 9:48 AM
cannon fodder wrote:fusor 147 is for urethane.

according to the fusor site it is good for glass and I'm going to have counter sink screws in several locations for securing everything then just glass over the heads btu thanks alot guys its just that the whole car is geting redone big plans but have to have the skirts finished and all be for I get my guy to do the spray

Saturday, March 05, 2005 9:53 AM
ok, i didn't know it worked on fiberglass as well. good luck with the car.

Saturday, March 05, 2005 10:20 AM
I wasn't meaning to get on you just inform but thanks

Saturday, March 05, 2005 11:10 AM
no, it's just good to know.

Sunday, March 06, 2005 8:59 AM
ok so you say to use a heavy filler I've seen some things about a poly filler I just want to learn as much as posible so that when I start I'll be able to avoid having to do it again you know

Sunday, March 06, 2005 7:46 PM
dose anyone know the type of filler if filler I should use thanks

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search