Dull/Yellowish Headlight problem.. - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Dull/Yellowish Headlight problem..
Sunday, March 06, 2005 9:33 PM
Hey guys,
well my fiancee's 95 mustang vert has a problem with the headlights. Over time they have become very cloudy and yellowish in color. Its so bad, that i can drive through the city with the highbeams on and nobody even notices. Light penetration is very poor.

Is there anyway to fix this other then buying new lights? Anybody have experience with this?

thanks
Nate

Evolution of Cavyboy-->C22t--> C24na--->c24s/c
1995 Cavalier W/2k1 Engine
GM S/C 13.940@99.78pmh w/2.068 60ft

Re: Dull/Yellowish Headlight problem..
Sunday, March 06, 2005 10:28 PM
i hear you can use some fingernail polish remover on the outside to clean em up. might try that in a hidden part of the light to see if it helps at all. i had that problem with my old headlights on my 90 toyota.

gettin' organizized...

Sunday, March 06, 2005 10:28 PM
oh yeah, awesome car in the photos forum, man!

gettin' organizized...

Monday, March 07, 2005 5:14 AM
try sanding with high grit sandpaper and then polishing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Monday, March 07, 2005 7:56 AM
I saw them do it on HorsePower TV. I think they had to sad it down with a very fine grit then clear the head lights. Don't they sell Eurohead lights for teh mustang.

http://www.procarparts.com/store-detail.asp?sku=FD94MT%2D5182HCX&dbname=onlinestoreDB

http://www.procarparts.com/store-detail.asp?sku=FD94MT%2D4193PJX&dbname=onlinestoreDB

http://www.procarparts.com/store-detail.asp?sku=FD94MT%2D10276PJX&dbname=onlinestoreDB

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Monday, March 07, 2005 8:08 AM
yeah that's whut you need to do.. use a very find grit.. or Meguire's makes a plastic polish that works wonders! it's amazing whut it does, even takes out fine scratches, and if you have a polishing tool im sure med deep scratches too. I can stand behind it b/c i use it all the time even on cd's.. helps them out alot! fine fine fine grit sandpaper (wet/dry) will work too but you'll have to polish it afterwards so that the shine comes back and it gets rid of the yellow gunk. That's whut i'd reccomend on doing. then use the meguire's stuff to polish it out. Just be SUPER gentle when sanding no need to press hard. then meguires also makes a plastic protector/restorer stuff you put on after the polish that restores the shine & luster to your plastic. good good stuff tho I use it on my headlights & tails often.

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
-Saint Augustine
Monday, March 07, 2005 8:09 AM
THanks guys, i stumpled across some diys and 2000 grit sandpaper and polish will do the trick.

Dont really want to buy new lights, we are planning on selling the stang. But i should take some before and afters. I have to detail the HELL out of this thing to bring its value up .lol

Nate

Evolution of Cavyboy-->C22t--> C24na--->c24s/c
1995 Cavalier W/2k1 Engine
GM S/C 13.940@99.78pmh w/2.068 60ft
Monday, March 07, 2005 10:03 AM
i heard from the "chemist" from mothers that u can just use their aluminum polish, then use the plastic polish and they will be as good as new.

this is my sig
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search