how much do the headlight bulbs go for? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
how much do the headlight bulbs go for?
Saturday, March 05, 2005 9:43 PM
well i was @!#$ around with my headlights, messin with led's, seeing how things look ect ect when i noticed that heres a tiny plug on the side of them so i pull it out, and uts a hole to the headlight. to drain water maybe? who knows. point is, i stuck a single red LED in there and then taped over the hole, turned it on and it looked bass ass with the headlights off. you cant tell when the headlight is on, so i wouldnt get in trouble for it. i wired it to my turn signals which turn on with the first click so whenever i pull up somewhere, i'll have red lights matching with the red underglow... i'll take pics tomm. anyways, not the point

being the idiot that i am, i tried removing one of the bulbs. ididnt really figure it out, and when i pulled, i broke the little tiny tip of the bulb. when reinserted, it turned on, but gas was coming out of it and then little by little it got more and more yellow until afterl ike 5 minutes it gave up and burnt out. the bulb is a dual filament sylvania... something. how much does it cost? do they sell them alone, or do i have to buy both of them? i take it this would be a great oppurtunity to buy some super whites or something?

Re: how much do the headlight bulbs go for?
Sunday, March 06, 2005 1:35 AM
the bulbs are roughly 5-7 bucks for regular halogens and 28 for silverstars
these are in canadian funds btw

Sunday, March 06, 2005 6:19 AM
def. get the silverstars!

My Sunfire
Sunday, March 06, 2005 7:04 AM
bout 8 bucks a bulb.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Sunday, March 06, 2005 2:19 PM
they come in both signles and dubs even though u cant get the two packs in my city for some reason(even though when i got one warenteed they sent me a two pack ) and this idea of yours got me excited post some instructions

Ill get a pic of my car soon ;p
Team4
Monday, March 07, 2005 10:32 AM
i dunno bout the cavi, but the sinfure had a round thing you gotta turn to release the bulb, then pull it out slowly. SLOWLY. thats how i broke mine. then you pop the new one in, lock it with the round part, and plug the harness in. i ended up buying the super whites(they arent silverstars, but super whites none the less. 10 bucks a bulb. its a definate step up from the stock yellow lights, clear white output. i bouyght too, took out the good bulb i had and put it in my dads car(dodge durango). out of coincidence, he blew a bulb like a week ago, and hadny gotten around to buyig one yet(running around with fog lights) so since it uses the same size, i put mine in. identical, looks perfect. then i made him give me 10 bucks. lol

Monday, March 07, 2005 10:39 AM
Sylvania 9007 standard halogen bulb $7.97 each at Advance Auto. Unless you plan on replacing both of them, don't buy a single cool blue or silverstar, as it will be far brighter than the other bulb. If you DO decide to upgrade both bulbs, the Cool Blue's run about $25 for the two pack, and Silverstars run about $37. Personally, Cool Blue's look the best. Nice bright/pure white, but not obnoxiously bright to other drivers like the Silverstars.

My Car Domain Page

Monday, March 07, 2005 11:01 AM
yea, thats what i got, the cool blue. they're no name brand(heliolite 9007) and the bulb itself says "KOREA". ran me 10 bucks each. they're brither than what i had, and the light output it white, so i'm not complaining. i'm satisfied.

Monday, March 07, 2005 11:41 AM
what a thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search