paintjob? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
paintjob?
Monday, March 07, 2005 6:56 AM
how much for a whole car to get sprayed? (i know they can vary great distances)
just maybe give me some examples, or wutever..

ive heard someone say 6 grand.... is that a real possibility??

Re: paintjob?
Monday, March 07, 2005 7:11 AM
like the horsepower issue, the more money you're willing to spend, the better results you'll get. If you just go to maaco and get a $150 paintjob, then expect for it to be chipping in a week. But somewhat an average ranges from about 2000-4000 for a well-done professional job.
-Jason
Monday, March 07, 2005 7:14 AM
yea i know macco is a bad situation, but thats about wut I have right now

im looking for a very nice professional job

Monday, March 07, 2005 7:30 AM
color change?

Monday, March 07, 2005 8:31 AM
well if you are lucky enough like i am buying the paint and clear for right around 500-600 bucks depending on the level of paint i go with, and i have a buddy who has a degree from tech school for autobody repair and painting. so he does good work at a great price.

M.I.L.F. HUNTER Its quarter past 12:00 know where your mom is................................I do
Monday, March 07, 2005 10:09 AM
It does vary greatly.

For starters, reds tend to be more expensive than any other color.

Also... if you're doing a color change, it is going to be a lot pricier than just a re-paint of the same color... and that can vary depending on how detailed you want to get when you do the color change.

Around here... an allover paint job of the same color can vary from $1800 - $2,700 roughly... color changes even more expensive.

Also depends on the quality of paint you want to use.

DuPont just came out with a new paint line with the same types of colors that HOK has, but instead of just being a urethane based paint, it's acrylic/urethane... and the life expectancy of the paint jobs is much longer.

Monday, March 07, 2005 11:03 AM
i can get a clor change done for about 500-600 bucks around here, but where i live, parts and labor is dirt cheap.

Monday, March 07, 2005 11:42 AM
^^^ I would love to see the quality of that work...material alone would run close to that much...

lol

Monday, March 07, 2005 12:49 PM
he lives in puerto rico, or out of the USA

and i want a new red color, bcause the body shop who fixed my car after my accidents painted it to match, but its like 4 different shades of red

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search