95-99***00-02 headlights - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
95-99***00-02 headlights
Thursday, March 10, 2005 2:17 AM
Is there a difference in mounting and overall fitment. if so please what. i wrecked my front end in a survival dodge. got new body kit and such. need to replace headlights. want custom, but looks like stock so far.

still running too

Re: 95-99***00-02 headlights
Thursday, March 10, 2005 6:10 AM
Just a little.

The 95-99 cav's have the corner light bracket as part of the fender. Then a plastic "L" piece right behind the headlight provides a slot for the bottom of the headlight to secure down.

00-02 cav's have a totally different bracket piece that mounts directly behind the headlight and holds the bottom half of the headlight down, and spans across to to hold the 00 corner light. It's all one piece and screws in.

Convert 00+ headlights to 95-99
Thursday, March 10, 2005 9:33 AM
could the 95-99 be made to fit or mount into the 00-02 facia? actually is the over all outside visible part of the light same size? thats really what i needed to know. if so im gonna fab me some s#it. Thank you very much

still running too
Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:55 AM
No, there will be a gap under the headlight if you use an 00+ bumper and still keep the old lights. 00+ lights are overall just bigger (thicker at the bottom) that the 95-99. To use a 00' bumper on the 95-99 you must upgrade your headlights.

The hardest part to updrade is wiring them up. You can get the kit from RKSport or if you search through this forum (search button) and look for "headlight conversion" and "headlight wiring", you will be able to find that info.

Just to get the 00 lights in, all you need to do is rip off the corner light brackets on the 95-99 fenders because it is spot welded in and you will not need them. OR if you want get some aftermarket fenders made for an 00', that way you can kill two birds with one stone and have some awesome fenders. Then just get the brackets that go behind the 00' headlight, which just screw in, they are not welded. Then the 00' headlights and corner lights will bolt right it. Like I said, wiring it is the hard part. Oh, the only difference between old and new fenders is the old ones have that bracket for the corner light. Hope this helps!

Thursday, March 10, 2005 10:22 PM
thanks you have been a great help. i have a 2k1 z24 i just finished installing a full 3inch exhaust system. the exhaust sounds sweet. i used a pacesetter straight 4-1 header. it has a 3 inch collector that is flared so i cut the flare off and extended it down and installed a 3in flex to it. slapped in a magna high flow 3" cat and a hks super dragger muffie to finish it off. i like the pace setter header but man there was a ton of slag and splatter all over it. plus the inlets on the flange side were all distorted and odd shaped. spent 5 hours on a bridgeport cleaning that up. after all that it rockz!!! i have a blitz front and drift sides and rear. i also have the slr fenders to go with it. since i had the front end apart i was hoping to fit some black projectors in there,but seems like you can go from 99 to 00 easier than going the opposite way. really bites. i want this car to look good. gotta get it ready for a j-bod michigan first intro.

still running too
Friday, March 11, 2005 5:27 AM
I didn't know you had a 2k1 dude. I was assuming you had an older model and was wanting to upgrade to the 2k headlights. So you really want to downgrade the lights to fit the blitz front. In that case, probably on the next page or so, I wrote a full HOW TO on converting 00 lights to the 95-99 style.

Sunday, March 13, 2005 6:17 PM
no its cool. odd if a jbody owner got offended by the year of his car.

still running too
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search