Molded skirts w/ Lambo door install?? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Molded skirts w/ Lambo door install??
Friday, March 11, 2005 2:23 PM
Hey,

I just got my Lambo kit in today and am looking to put the kit on this weekend sometime. i have molded drift side skirts to the car.

Now people who have done this with molded sides or know first hand how its done i would just like some advise that could makes things easier for myself.

Obviously i,m not going to be able to take off the fenders. So what do i have to do to get around this? Or what extra tools makes this job any easier.

I,m sure everyone gets what i,m saying...I just would like to know the best possiable method to the install without getting myself into trouble.

Thanks for any help or advice,
Alex

Re: Molded skirts w/ Lambo door install??
Friday, March 11, 2005 2:36 PM
What I would do is jack the front of the car up. Take the splash shield out and work from there. I think that would be a pretty good way of doing it. Let me know if it works. I might do it with mine.

Friday, March 11, 2005 3:07 PM
^^ Never thought of that, but don't know how well it'd work.

www.TaillightTinting.com #1 SOURCE FOR VHT NITE SHADES
www.aPlusPerformance.com BACK ONLINE SOMETIME SOON!
PHONE 763-682-9945

Friday, March 11, 2005 6:13 PM
ummm i don;t think i ever heard of that but that might work. Basically i can tell this is going to be no easy task...hahaha. Thanks David

Any other suggestions.
Friday, March 11, 2005 7:02 PM
you might be able to take your hood off and unbolt your fender and have a buddy hold the fender out a little to give you enough room to work if you take your inner fender out. You should be able to get enough flex out of the sideskirts to give you the room that you need. Just make sure you get a friend that you can trust to help you and that will pay attention or you will be replaceing alot more than just door hinges. Keep posted on how you are coming along with the hinges.

Saturday, March 12, 2005 8:43 AM
3You can ask Brian(Z2FLIP4)...he said he had one hell of a time working with hardly any room....

<b>APlusperformance.com January 2005 Ride Of The Month
Sponsored by APlusPerformance.com</b>
Saturday, March 12, 2005 8:59 AM
you should be able to do it with the splash shield out and maybe take the door off

Click Here, To Check Out My Interior

Saturday, March 12, 2005 9:08 AM
Ratchet wreanches and extensions. I think you can maybe get it done pretty fast that way LOL. Or not.
When and if you go to try this. Take a pic of the amount of room you have to work with. I might just try it and I wanna know how it is to get in there.

Saturday, March 12, 2005 10:45 AM
I thoguth you had to weld in the Lambo kit? they just bolt on?

Saturday, March 12, 2005 10:54 AM
I am pretty sure they just bolt on. Correct me if I am wrong.

Saturday, March 12, 2005 11:03 AM
the Chin-Wah and VDI kits are both bolt on. no welding at all.

Sunday, March 13, 2005 12:43 AM
^
yep, complete bolt on.....However its not a easy task now that i have 1 piece side skirt/fender..lol

I like the removing the splash guard idea and a long ass extension.

I think i might try that and go from there.

I with Z2flip4 would put in his imput
Sunday, March 13, 2005 1:20 AM
there's 4 bolts on the doors, with an extension im sure you can reach the outter two. then, once those are secure enough, you can lift the door and get the inner two bolts. but that is of course as long as you've gotten a couple bolts on the body of the car itself and have someone to hold the door just to keep anything from shifting.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search