hoods for a 2nd gen. - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
hoods for a 2nd gen.
Saturday, March 12, 2005 5:16 PM
now i'm looking into hoods for the seciond gen sunbird, anyone know of some hoods and where to get them?
I know of the FX designs hood

I have this body kit now, and i'm looking for a nice hood to finnish off the car's exterior.
I've heard talk about a CF hood from JSP just like this, and i sent them an e-mail asking about it, so we'll see what they say.
I also know of the CLASS GLASS & PERFORMANCE hood, not to sure about it.

and there is a extractor type hood from JSP as well that i heard Geeds got and had some issues with, but is being worked out, so i'm not worried about that.

anyone know of other hoods that i havn't mentioned? and it'll be on a black sunbird with the vader kit, just so you know.

Re: hoods for a 2nd gen.
Saturday, March 12, 2005 7:17 PM
www.v6z24.com

nobody on the .org cars about us 2genners.

DIZA has a hood also.

I'd watch it though, the FX designs hood is a 4-way pin-on hood, so you cant use your stock hindge system, which is kindof a pain in the butt. and also on their site it says for show use only
Sunday, March 13, 2005 1:20 AM
ugh where did that pic of my car come from, i thought i hide most of those.

check out this sticky:
http://www.v6z24.com/jbodyforum/viewtopic.php?t=33836

i still need to add the JSP hood, but you already know about that.

| '89 Z24 Auto | '99 Prelude 5spd | '04 GS500F | '05 HD 883L |

Sunday, March 13, 2005 1:46 AM
All_Stance wrote:

I'd watch it though, the FX designs hood is a 4-way pin-on hood, so you cant use your stock hindge system, which is kindof a pain in the butt. and also on their site it says for show use only

i understand, but i think for the look, it might be worth it.
girlRacer wrote:ugh where did that pic of my car come from, i thought i hide most of those.

check out this sticky:
http://www.v6z24.com/jbodyforum/viewtopic.php?t=33836

i still need to add the JSP hood, but you already know about that.

do you have any pictures of the JSP hood anywhere? i would like to see it and do you know if it used the factory hinges? or the pin on style?
ps. I got the pic from the CLASS GLASS & PERFORMANCE web site
pps. hows the doors comming? i'm either going hood or doors, lol or both if money/tax raturn is good.

Sunday, March 13, 2005 3:32 AM
here are geeds pics of the hood. i think everyone said it was set up for a phase 2 style latch, it will however bolt to the car unlike the fx hood. the class, glass hood has a bolt that will attach to your hood latch and you can also install your factory style latch too, it bolts to the car as well.

all hoods are gonna recommend you use hood pins. cause of there light weight, before i had pins on mine it would shake pretty bad starting a 45mph.

i haven't started on the lambos yet, we have an engine swap project going on in my brothers garage, but i hope i get it done by the end of the month.

| '89 Z24 Auto | '99 Prelude 5spd | '04 GS500F | '05 HD 883L |

Sunday, March 13, 2005 6:44 AM
so is JSP making a few hoods for the 2nd gens? (geeds hood, the vader hood and possibley a stock looking Z24 hood) cause i would assume that if JSP made the vader kit, it would be a pin on kit only kit FX has done.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search