2002 Sunfire GT clear bumper turn signal lights... - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2002 Sunfire GT clear bumper turn signal lights...
Friday, May 05, 2006 7:58 AM
Hi there!

I've already asked a qustion about this, and someone told me that people use 95-99GT bumper lights to make their 00+ clear...

But I went to a local junkyard yesterday, and 95-99GT only have fog lights, and no turn signal lights...

Is there this light I take for my turn signal? I place a 95-99GT fog into? or is it something else?

Thx a lot guys,

Blue01GT

Re: 2002 Sunfire GT clear bumper turn signal light
Friday, May 05, 2006 11:44 AM
Are you talking about the sidemarker turn signal lens? If you are those are firebird lens. atleast that is what I have. Search ebay or go to ProCarparts.com

Friday, May 05, 2006 12:41 PM
You're on the right track, man. I did this on my 2002 Sunfire SE when I still had it. All you have to do is take the clear fog light housings from the 1995-1999 Sunfire GT and use them to replace your amber turn signal housings. You'll see they are the EXACT same (except for the lens color of course ).

Do it! You won't be sorry.

Friday, May 05, 2006 2:04 PM
thx to both of you, I was actually speaking about the round amber turn signals light, so I'll have to find out a wrecked 95-99GT

Also, I didn't know that firebird lens could be used for our sidemarker, so now I know where to check for this!

Thx again, really apprciated,

Blue01GT

Friday, May 05, 2006 9:33 PM
Actually 95-99 gt's had no foglights at all. That clear round lense at the front is our turn signal. Its the same size as the post 2000 front signal.

Saturday, May 06, 2006 10:11 AM
really? I was sure it was fog... thx for the help!

Blue01GT

Saturday, May 06, 2006 8:57 PM
Like said above, those are turn signals with amber bulbs.

Sunday, May 07, 2006 8:57 AM
Yep, I got a set of the clear bumper lenses for $60 from GM... Checked the junkyards and I saw nothing around here. So I opted to buy them brand new. and one isn't sealed very well. Got the part number from J to Envy.

Monday, May 08, 2006 5:19 AM
Blue01GT wrote:really? I was sure it was fog... thx for the help!

Blue01GT

Nope. As mentioned, there are no fog lights on the 95-99 GT. Those are turn signals and not only are they the same size... they are actually the exact same part but with a clear lens instead of amber.

Monday, May 08, 2006 2:39 PM
Hor wrote:Got the part number from J TO ENVY.

The part number is: #5978215. They're $23.65 a piece brand new from GM Parts Direct . If I were you, I would just buy them new because chances are you won't be able to find any nice ones in a junkyard. Just my .02 though.

Monday, May 08, 2006 5:24 PM
Thx again guys! really helpful!!! Gonna order some tomorrow

Blue01GT

Monday, May 08, 2006 5:25 PM
Damn! They don't ship to Canada

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 9:38 AM
Blue01GT wrote:Thx again guys! really helpful!!! Gonna order some tomorrow
Blue01GT wrote:Damn! They don't ship to Canada

No problem .

That sucks .

Saturday, August 19, 2006 4:24 PM
Would these work? They're from Izntrbl - http://izntrbl.vstore.ca/product_info.php/pName/clear-3-dimentional-round-reflectors/cName/clear-reflectors I want to get rid of the amber junk on my girlfriends 01 sunfire with clear ones, anybody also know where I can get the clear rectangle reflectors on the side of the bumper? Thanks guys.

Sunday, August 20, 2006 9:40 AM
Lance Sharpe wrote:Would these work? They're from Izntrbl - I want to get rid of the amber junk on my girlfriends 01 sunfire with clear ones, anybody also know where I can get the clear rectangle reflectors on the side of the bumper? Thanks guys.

I have no idea if the ones from IZN TRBL will work or not .

Believe it or not, these will fit a Sunfire just fine .

Sunday, August 20, 2006 11:58 AM
Damn, not paying that much for them, I was talking about the round amber cover in the front bumper tho.

Monday, August 21, 2006 2:32 PM
Quick qustion?

Can both the round and rectagular clear side signal cover fit a 2001 - 2002 sunfire GT, and can they be white lights or by law they have to have a amber light bulb?

thanks!!
Monday, August 21, 2006 5:05 PM
How hard are the round clear turn signals to install?

Monday, August 21, 2006 7:42 PM
Lance Sharpe wrote:Damn, not paying that much for them, I was talking about the round amber cover in the front bumper tho.

In that case, you can get them brand new from GM Parts Direct. The part number is: #5978215.

Ricky M wrote:Quick qustion?

Can both the round and rectagular clear side signal cover fit a 2001 - 2002 sunfire GT, and can they be white lights or by law they have to have a amber light bulb?

Yes, they will both fit any year and model Sunfire.

As far as the bulbs go, it varies by state. I have had Xenon bulbs in my headlights, fog lights, front bumper signals, side markers, license markers and backup lights for about three years now and have not been bothered by cops. It all depends on what the laws are where you live and whether a cop wants to be a d*** or not.

Burks wrote:How hard are the round clear turn signals to install?

Very easy!

1. remove the headlight assembly
2. remove the two bolts holding the front bumper signal housing in place (one bolt on each side of the housing)
3. push the housing out through the opening in the front bumper
4. remove the wiring harness / bulb from the housing
5. repeat for the other side
6. installation is the reverse of removal

Monday, August 21, 2006 8:36 PM
J TO ENVY wrote:
Lance Sharpe wrote:

Believe it or not, these will fit a Sunfire just fine .

Dang those are expensive, anyone know a cheaper place!!
Tuesday, August 22, 2006 10:34 PM
Ricky M wrote: Dang those are expensive, anyone know a cheaper place!!

The only other place you may be able to get a hold of some is a junkyard. Chances are, if you are even lucky enough to find a '95-'99 Sunfire GT in a yard, the signals will more than likely be pitted, yellowed, etc. If you really want them, I would suggest just ordering them from GM Parts Direct. Not everything is going to be super cheap. Just my .02 though.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 7:51 AM
Heres a question. Do the round turns mount like the fogs do? What I'm asking is would the turn signal lights mount in the fog light holes in my front bumper??

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 1:31 PM
I just made my own....... got some tinted lexan from my dad's work for $0.00

Then eventually converted them to these, with projectors

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 2:14 PM
Damn, that's sick.

Thursday, August 24, 2006 7:54 PM
Shadowfire (mahcmos) wrote:Heres a question. Do the round turns mount like the fogs do? What I'm asking is would the turn signal lights mount in the fog light holes in my front bumper??

I don't know if that would work because I'm pretty sure the fog lights are bigger than the front bumper signals. Don't hold me to it though.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search