HOW MUCH WILL MY BODY WORK COST???? - Page 3 - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: HOW MUCH WILL MY BODY WORK COST????
Thursday, September 30, 2010 7:15 PM
Body work can vary SO much between shops. I have a dent and some major scrapage due to a winter mishalf last december. I had a quote to fix the body then paint it, my average was $1200. One of my relatives used to own a body shop, said he'd fix it for free, but he doesn't paint anymore. So i got some quotes with the body fixed, just needed to be scuffed and painted, average was $750, except one place quoted me at $2600, yes $2600 to paint a bumper and 2 body panels. That's just ridiculous.



2002 2200sfi 5-speed.

Re: HOW MUCH WILL MY BODY WORK COST????
Friday, October 08, 2010 11:45 PM
just to chime in cuz im bored.... to add to your post maybe-if you are getting a bodykit, custom paint, etc, and the shop doesnt colorsand and buff the car, wtf is the point of spending all that money. thats not a shop u want to be at in my opinion.
Re: HOW MUCH WILL MY BODY WORK COST????
Sunday, March 10, 2013 11:07 AM
awesome piece of info. i work at a body shop and people ask all the time what it would cost to paint their car. i tell them probs around 3 grand if your car is mint. and their like whaaaaatt?!?! yea buddy i gotta make a living too.
unfortunately auto body is the lowest paid trade going and insurance companies are just making it worse.
this write up is very educating for some one that wants paint or body work on their projects. i wish this could be stickied every where
Re: HOW MUCH WILL MY BODY WORK COST????
Sunday, March 31, 2013 7:58 PM
Very nice informative piece. Thanks for the time of typing it up for us. I do studio props for a photo group and in general thought I could do good things with a spray can. Now I understand a bit more that I am not to try my hand at a custom job done myself. Thanks for the sticky, very informative and I already know a body shop to take my new car to for a suitable estimate in my area.
Re: HOW MUCH WILL MY BODY WORK COST????
Thursday, February 12, 2015 8:16 PM
Woah this is still here?!?!? I haven't been on here in FOREVER!! Looking back at this I kind of sound like a b***h. I mean I remember why, soooo many of the same questions and people arguing with the professionals and stuff and it was quite frustrating at the time with all the activity. Sorry for the tone back then, and hope this has still helped some!!! And how do the sigs work anymore anyway?




Re: HOW MUCH WILL MY BODY WORK COST????
Thursday, February 12, 2015 8:47 PM
hahaha hey nikki are u waking the dead up here, check ur pm, hope to get some body work quotes from you



Re: HOW MUCH WILL MY BODY WORK COST????
Friday, February 13, 2015 8:00 AM
Fallen Angel wrote:

Woah this is still here?!?!? I haven't been on here in FOREVER!! Looking back at this I kind of sound like a b***h. I mean I remember why, soooo many of the same questions and people arguing with the professionals and stuff and it was quite frustrating at the time with all the activity. Sorry for the tone back then, and hope this has still helped some!!! And how do the sigs work anymore anyway?


If you're going for that Scion link, you have to use the url with the image file extension (http://i.imgur.com/Ej9W3kx.jpg with the .jpg at the end), then use the [ img ] tags by clicking the "picture" icon.

So it will come out like this:



But you're gonna have to size it correctly NewB





Re: HOW MUCH WILL MY BODY WORK COST????
Friday, February 13, 2015 10:38 AM
Heey now, it's been like... 8 years since I've been on here! My memory is a little fuzzy =P Ummm I'm going to blame it on blonde moments and old age... yeaahhhhh that sounds good.




Re: HOW MUCH WILL MY BODY WORK COST????
Friday, February 13, 2015 3:11 PM
AH HA! I am victorious. I think this was the old sig I had actually, not the other image. Thanks 96S1, for refreshing mah old newby memory LOL




Re: HOW MUCH WILL MY BODY WORK COST????
Friday, February 13, 2015 5:03 PM
Fallen Angel wrote:

AH HA! I am victorious. I think this was the old sig I had actually, not the other image. Thanks 96S1, for refreshing mah old newby memory LOL

I had faith in you the whole time

Now just photochop that Scion outta there and slap this puppy in and you'll be all good







Re: HOW MUCH WILL MY BODY WORK COST????
Friday, February 13, 2015 10:48 PM
Oh dude... I can't photoshop to save my life... I'd have to find someone to do that for me hah. Oddly enough, and sadly enough, I no longer have the sunfire or the scion. =/ I miss both the cars a lot hah.





Re: HOW MUCH WILL MY BODY WORK COST????
Tuesday, February 17, 2015 1:31 PM
its2nv4 wrote:

hahaha hey nikki are u waking the dead up here, check ur pm, hope to get some body work quotes from you


WOMAN!!! How about you check your PM's!!!! I sent you mah FB DAYS ago! =P




Re: HOW MUCH WILL MY BODY WORK COST????
Tuesday, February 17, 2015 11:26 PM
im here now. lol i still have my cavalier, in fact im in process repainting graphics on it haha, i think photoshopped would of been easier than sanding



Re: HOW MUCH WILL MY BODY WORK COST????
Wednesday, February 18, 2015 7:15 AM
Fallen Angel wrote:

Oh dude... I can't photoshop to save my life... I'd have to find someone to do that for me hah. Oddly enough, and sadly enough, I no longer have the sunfire or the scion. =/ I miss both the cars a lot hah.


What do you have now?





Re: HOW MUCH WILL MY BODY WORK COST????
Wednesday, February 18, 2015 9:17 AM
96S1 wrote:

Fallen Angel wrote:

Oh dude... I can't photoshop to save my life... I'd have to find someone to do that for me hah. Oddly enough, and sadly enough, I no longer have the sunfire or the scion. =/ I miss both the cars a lot hah.


What do you have now?


An Eclipse. It gets me from A to B. Not my choice but it runs, and as my dad used to say "Wheels are better than heels". Hopefully I'll be able to get something new soon.




Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search