Whiteboy hood issues - Exterior Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Whiteboy hood issues
Friday, March 23, 2007 4:58 AM
I purchased the invader hood with eyelids from “whiteboy” in November, I recently took my car to a very well known body shop/custom car builder, to learn that the hood is completely a mess. I contacted Whiteboys the day after purchasing about the faulty fitment issue the day after sending them pictures, of the huge fitment problem above the passenger side rim/tire. I could fit my hand in between the top of the fender and the bottom of the hood. I told them I would take it to the body guy to see if it was fixable keeping my mouth shut to future buyers of this hood. Last week I contacted whiteboy to resolve the problem since it would not fit and the hood is only one layer thick in most sections of the hood, the scoop you can pull up 1” and push down to the top of the IDI cover. They first told me they would resolve it as I just either wanted a new hood or my money back keeping the whole ordeal quiet, they were to contact me the next day on how to go about switching or refunding. 3 Days later I contacted them to be told that it isn’t there problem and I would have to take it to the manufacturer, I live 3 hrs away from the manufacturer and another 4 from where the car currently sits. I even had the car builder talk to them since they first said it was my fault on storage which I drove home and placed the hood on the car for the last three months .This is whiteboy’s issue I bought the hood from them they should deal with it but no I had to contact the manufacturer, so fine I do so was told he would meet me at the shop I drive 4 hours and he doesn’t show up nor call email nothing he had both my cell # my email whiteboys phone to contact them to get my information and the body shop webpage to get any information on him. After trying for a week to get a hold of them by posting on their thread ( http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=7&i=336016&t=336016 ) emailing both of them messaging both on msn several times, I get no response not even a ya were looking into it. At this point I would just like my money back and to be contacted in a civil manor to resolve this as for future buyers the 2 other people I know the hood fits fine on there’s so this may be a defective hood but just beware. It not only fits poorly it is made with 1 layer in about 50% of the hood and maybe 2 the rest. As for Whiteboy I gave you plenty of chances to come good on this, a second chance on the @!#$ you pulled last year. I gave you plenty of time plenty of communication options to receive nothing overall I am very very pissed.

The above was wrote a couple months back, I never did post it due to the fact that I believed I would never see my money back. Today is March 23, 2007 I have yet to sell the hood that I have that will be swapped for a brand new one. Yesterday I contacted the manufacturer, his name is Kahn I first learned of him 4 years ago this was the only reason I dealt with whiteboy for this hood. I had purchased my body kit from him 4 years ago I love the quality the salesmanship was great I dealt with Zekon a company that not only has dealt with the manufacturer, but also treated me very well. I read a post yesterday that a new company called Nocturnal Imports is selling the very same hood. This company is in fact the original Zekon Company I had dealt with in the past. Whiteboy is not the creator of the hood it is a guy doing it himself that has treated me very well and really is the only reason I have not posted this until this point. If you do want this hood then go for it, the reason mine didn’t fit was the fact that the mould was made from a hood that had a kink in it 100% understandable. Things happen mistakes happen all I ever asked for was the truth and to be treated farely, I feel that not only have I been run around yet again by whiteboy but I will and am loosing money on a brand new hood I purchase, and as soon as they had the money in their hands it was no longer their problem which I run a business, they only succeed on the happiness of the customer. I have no idea how they have lasted this long

Thanks

Re: Whiteboy hood issues
Friday, March 23, 2007 5:58 AM
wow that was ridiciously hard to read. try paragraphs and not jumping around in sentences.

so basically you got screwed on a hood and whiteboy is not the orginial creator of the hood. thats what i got from the whole thing

Friday, March 23, 2007 6:34 AM
Why would keeping quiet about that stuff even be an option? Leaving us with the chance of getting screwed just so your problem gets taken care of quickly, that's not too cool either.

Friday, March 23, 2007 4:13 PM
Interesting.....

Car is for Sale!Supercharger kit is for sale!
Friday, March 23, 2007 5:15 PM
And here's another thread for the "Whiteboy gets owned" category

Bummerz: Takes a good man to speak up and come clean. Still have respect in my book.

Friday, March 23, 2007 10:26 PM
yeah whiteboy is kinda sketch, and yes if that was an essay i would give you an F

hope it all works out for the best bro, love your car

Friday, March 23, 2007 11:05 PM
So who all has whiteboy @!#$? Did he claim to be the creator of the hood?
Friday, March 23, 2007 11:22 PM
Uncivilized R.T. wrote:So who all has whiteboy @!#$? Did he claim to be the creator of the hood?

From the initial post, he seemed to dance around who created the hood, but the way it was written seems to imply that he did...

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=258038&t=258038#258038

Quote:

Weve been making the PLUG for a long time, trying to make it perfect and finaly weve sent it off to our supplier to produce it and sell it to the mass

Saturday, March 24, 2007 7:56 AM
Kardain wrote:And here's another thread for the "Whiteboy gets owned" category

pretty much. i'm not surprised by any of this

Monday, March 26, 2007 5:50 AM
Alright where to start,

We sold about 20 of these Sunfire hoods and we only received one complaint about fitment. We did also get a couple complaints that the corners of the hoods came chipped from the shipping. We have resolved them or in the middle of one right now. We fixed that problem by getting custom boxes for the hood and shipping with a new shipping company.

Now about this whole thing with Justin. It all started when he bought a hood from us and picked it up in Toronto from the company that is producing our hoods for us right now. When he got home with the hood, he noticed that there was a warp on the passenger side and that it was thin in areas. He then told us it was not a big deal but because he can fix it no problem and he was letting us know so we can fix this problem before it affects other customers. This was great because right after this we made new mold and made sure that the hood were thicker.

Then about 2 months later, he messaged me and said the hood was junk and the body guy that was doing all of his work said it had other warps then before. So right away, I called my guy that is making them and told him about it, he told me to have Justin give him a call, and he will take care of everything so I ask Justin if he can give my guy a call and he will take care of everything for him.

Then on a Monday, I receive another message from Justin asking me why the guy did not show at the body guys shop? At this time, I did not know anything that was going on because I did not set up the date it was between Justin and the guy that is making the hoods for me. So I called the guy again and he told me that Justin was suppose to call him with the address so he could bring it there and he did not hear from him. When I told Justin this he told me that he gave the guy his number so if he had any problem he could call him. Therefore, my manufacture should have called Justin and I am not sure why he did not call him. However, anyways the manufacture said he has a hood for Justin and he can bring to the peoples shop on Wednesday (3 days after he was suppose to meet him there) but Justin said it was too late and he does not have the time for it to be prep and painted.

So Justin asked me if he can sell the hood to someone else, and if we will send the guy that buys of him a brand new hood, and I said sure not a problem. Therefore, after this, I though that it was all worked out and then I read a post that he put up. However, if there was still a problem why did he not email me?

Now about how this hood was made,

We photoshoped some pictures of a couple hood and when we found this one we liked it the most. Therefore, we used our own stock Sunfire hood and started the process, we were 90% done and ran out of time to work on the hood so we then sent it to our manufacturer to have it finished and molded. So yes this is our hood and we spent all the time and money in the research and development of this hood.

Monday, March 26, 2007 6:35 AM
Thumbs Up to whiteboy. It sounds like he did everything he could to satisfy his customer between him and his manufacturer. Just seems to be a huge communication problem and that he's still trying to get the issue resolved. I'm still going to order that hood from whiteboy when I get some spare $$$ one of these days.

Regards,

Monday, March 26, 2007 7:43 AM
How WhiteBoy looks in this depends on if you trust him and what he has said after all the BS he's pulled in the recent past.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Monday, March 26, 2007 8:30 AM
We have lots of full satisfied customers and there are the few that aren't. Cant please everyone, sorry to those who feel that way. We've been around for a long time. If we were trying to pull something off and run .. we wouldn't of done it long time ago, wouldn't you think? like some of the other companies on the forums.

We've introduced many products into the jbody scene, clear lenses for sunfire (we were the first to manufacture them and sell them),we made the technic lip when noone else wanted to, we made the sunfire invader and cavalier invader hood.. and thats just for the jbody scene. so ask yourself why would we do this? to make lots of $? ahahah cause if you think that then you need a reality check.

Think what you want, its a free country. But if you want a cool hood that not many people have , send us an email or give us a call and we will prove to you that we're just as good as any other company out there.

Monday, March 26, 2007 3:00 PM
People are still trusting this company? Wow, news to me.
Monday, March 26, 2007 5:49 PM
You guys made the Cavalier invader hood? If that's so, then how come it's been around years before you guys started shop?

Among the winners, there is no room for the weak
Monday, March 26, 2007 6:21 PM
Kardain wrote:And here's another thread for the "Whiteboy gets owned" category

Bummerz: Takes a good man to speak up and come clean. Still have respect in my book.

X2. Im not surprised at all that this happend. after everything that has happend with Whiteboys products this just doesnt surprise me. hopefully this all pans out for him in the end.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 5:44 AM
are there any plans to re-vamp your technic lip? IMO the sides are way to massive and need shortend.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 6:13 AM
seems like everytime i leave this forum and come back whiteboy is screwing someone over, last time it was IZN.......

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 6:43 AM
z yaaaa wrote:are there any plans to re-vamp your technic lip? IMO the sides are way to massive and need shortend.

No, sorry.

jWagg wrote:seems like everytime i leave this forum and come back whiteboy is screwing someone over, last time it was IZN.......

Ya we are so bad lol,

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 6:58 AM
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 7:04 AM
White Boy wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:are there any plans to re-vamp your technic lip? IMO the sides are way to massive and need shortend.

No, sorry.

jWagg wrote:seems like everytime i leave this forum and come back whiteboy is screwing someone over, last time it was IZN.......

Ya we are so bad lol,

and for some reason, this could just be me, but it seems like a cocky 17 year old runs the company with a " i dont give a @!#$" additude..... Thats the only reason I will never purchase anything from you.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 9:28 AM
White Boy wrote:ohh and read this too..

http://www.j-body.com/community/showthread.php?t=12817

You might want to bring quotes in since you have to register to read any of that.

DISCLAIMER
I'm a bitch. Look out. I'm here to start drama.
Please take everything I say seriously.
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 9:53 AM
so did he get his money back then ? coz that thread got locked b4 we all found out what happened in the end

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 7:33 AM
White Boy wrote:

No, sorry.

Ya we are so bad lol,

That second responce right there shows me all i need to know.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 8:06 AM
I'm pretty sure that the only reason you're still in business is

a.) You make @!#$ nobody else has
b.) There are people that don't know your rep

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search