fender flares - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
fender flares
Wednesday, February 11, 2009 11:50 PM
anyone have any clue of how these things go on or how easy it is to bolt them on

i like to get an set order for my 96 cav 2 door base model

before i order an body kit and add a few decals to it

the set is $160 for all 4
or if you know someone cheaper and there an direct fit
thx

Re: fender flares
Thursday, February 12, 2009 3:00 AM
Typically fender flares are molded in

Tuesday, February 17, 2009 7:40 PM
I Just Ordered A set Today For My 03 Sunfire Should Be In This Week Ill Let You Know How It Goes Also Got New Front Bumper For My 02 Fire Swap And Drop Springs Too Ill Post Pics ASA It Comes In

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Wednesday, February 18, 2009 1:46 PM
fender flares arn't something you generally just bolt on. they take a good amount of work to really look good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, February 20, 2009 10:06 PM
This my friend is a custom part of your car, no bolt, screw, or rivet will do. It may hold it on but it will look like total @55. Fiberglass work, and plenty of your after hours "fun time" will be needed if you will do it. If not probably multiply the price you are going to pay for these flares a few times and that is what you will be paying to a body shop in a lump sum to get the work done.

FOR SALE
Saturday, February 21, 2009 12:47 PM

Mild flaring.. using Pontiac Vibe GT ABS front flare pieces for all 4 corners. Yes, its all molded, and yes it took up to 10 hours a side, fitting, trimming, bonding and molding.. ..especially the cut-out notch for the gas door on the passenger side.

It can look incredible, just be prepared to invest some time on it, unless you want that 'bolted on' flare look, like a Time-Attack car or something. The mild bolt-on flares are popular with JDMers now as well.

Saturday, February 21, 2009 1:25 PM
Kid I like the way your car came out, like I said it can be a great outcome if done right. However if you want "bolt on" flares prepare to be harassed.

FOR SALE
Thursday, August 18, 2011 2:16 PM
Back from the dead...Kid, those look badass! Any car flared properly just looks insane (look at the Dick Herrell Camaro for example), or any other car!
Those cheap eBay ones..can they be molded on by a body shop and matched for a decent price? What kind of spacer adaptors did you put in to bring the wheels out to be flush with the fenders?

I would love the flared look front and rear minus the body kit..maybe only the RK Sport or LSS kit, nothing fancy.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Thursday, August 18, 2011 9:40 PM
Reading through this I was reminded of a guy on cardomain a while back with bolted flares. Check this link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3242405/1996-chevrolet-cavalier

Friday, August 19, 2011 9:24 PM
i cant get that image out of my head now!!

FireRedCav, do you have any side/rear/closer shots of yours? Those look like the eBay ones and Im just not sure how it would look on a blue Cav if they were made flush with the body somehow.

Saturday, August 20, 2011 5:45 AM
blu04DD wrote: i cant get that image out of my head now!!

FireRedCav, do you have any side/rear/closer shots of yours? Those look like the eBay ones and Im just not sure how it would look on a blue Cav if they were made flush with the body somehow.

If I remember right FireRedCav has EGR Fender Flares, you can occassionally find em on eBay but they are getting rarer now. Those are specifically built for cavaliers, so that is how they should look

Friday, August 26, 2011 9:55 AM
Hey guys,

I have some sedan 6 piece universal sender flares if any body is looking let me know. Brand new never used, fiber glass, boxed up and ready to ship. Make me an offer.

Friday, August 26, 2011 9:18 PM
not all flares are mold only. i have EGR flares and i think they look pretty good

simple and subtle but noticeable just the same....

Saturday, August 27, 2011 7:46 AM
I had the same ones...offered them up and nobody seemed to want them.
Saturday, August 27, 2011 9:52 AM
FireRedCav wrote:Reading through this I was reminded of a guy on cardomain a while back with bolted flares. Check this link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3242405/1996-chevrolet-cavalier

those look like flares from a pre 97 grand prix. The one that has the stock ground effects and fender flares.

Saturday, August 27, 2011 10:55 AM
(tabs), I think yours do look nice and subtle, but I dont like the lines as much. I like the 'wide body' look where the fenders are pulled out alittle like the Dick Harrell Camaro or something.

My 94Z28 had rolled/pulled fenders in the rear, about an inch and a half to be able to fit 96 Grand Sport vette wheels and 315's. If a body shop could take fender flares like yours and bondo over to smooth em out to make it look wider altogether, that would be cool to so.

maybe someone in photoshop could fill in the flares on yours and make it look that way..

Thursday, September 08, 2011 3:07 PM
I don't know but I have the same rear bumper as u the type j bumper and I noticed that you have a rear diffuser on the bumper. I was looking to do the same type of idea but with aluminum sheets of metal I think not sure yet trying to make it legit. what is your made of can't really tell in the pic, it looks good though man good job if you did it yourself.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search