Extreme Tuner roll call - Page 3 - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Extreme Tuner roll call
Wednesday, February 18, 2009 8:51 PM
haha dang. na not 4 $600 sorry.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 9:18 PM
the highest i'd pay would be 1200.

WiGM-Tuners member.
Thursday, February 19, 2009 1:00 AM
I have the front that I got from Travis...pics are in my profile and it's still not painted cuz I'm lazy

Thursday, February 19, 2009 5:08 AM
i ended up paying 800 shipped for mine when i got it

Thursday, February 19, 2009 11:01 AM
my first one that i got from the dealer i paid over 1200. the second i was through insurance cuz i got rearended.

Thursday, February 19, 2009 5:13 PM
TraJadY wrote:I have the front that I got from Travis...pics are in my profile and it's still not painted cuz I'm lazy

How much do you want for the front? Thats all i really want anyways, its the best part of the kit. Do the extreme tuner front with the ls sport sides and rear.

Thursday, February 19, 2009 5:21 PM
thats the part that everyone wants... and the hardest part to get.

Thursday, February 19, 2009 5:24 PM
Im surprised the aftermarket never got into copying this kit. As it is the best looking kit for the 03-05.

Thursday, February 19, 2009 6:12 PM
yeah. its not a cheap job to make a kit and cost a lot to invest in making molds of them.

Thursday, February 19, 2009 6:20 PM
Vincent Morris wrote:yeah. its not a cheap job to make a kit and cost a lot to invest in making molds of them.

Yea, you're talking atleast a thousand dollars IF you dont mess up the mold.

Trevor Mullins wrote:

kind of like a screwed up kids sing along

pete the anal monkey lived in my bum..............

best epiosode of barney ever lol

Thursday, February 19, 2009 7:52 PM
Thats true

Thursday, February 19, 2009 8:36 PM
id bet more than that even. by the time you make the mold, then you use it and then have to recondition it, and the supplies to make the kit and what not. its upwards in the thousands id bet. but being a dead platform, basically what you see for parts is what you get.

Friday, February 20, 2009 9:56 AM
Maybe if we got like 20 or so people interested in purchasing these kits with down payments in hand somebody would make them? It would be hard to get something like this started probably..

Friday, February 20, 2009 11:34 AM
Matt Burgess wrote:Maybe if we got like 20 or so people interested in purchasing these kits with down payments in hand somebody would make them? It would be hard to get something like this started probably..

Yes, Hypsy already tried and failed. No one wants to pony up $1000 for a fiberglass kit and no company wants to take the risk of no one buying them after they are produced.

Trevor Mullins wrote:

Friday, February 20, 2009 11:52 AM
Yea i understand that. I read that thread a while back about the fiberglass kit. I'm all set with fiberglass, alot of friends with bad experiances with it. Plus for a grand! I'm good..

Friday, February 20, 2009 2:18 PM
yeah not enough people will afford the amount needed to get the kit, and i enjoy having something rare like i do.

Friday, February 20, 2009 8:12 PM
Where were these kits when all you guys bought them? What i mean is, were they at dealerships or did the dealers have to order them from GM? I am wondering cause if there sitting in the back of dealerships then i might have a chance. Cavaliers are not to popular here in Rhode Island unless you are using to go to the market.

Friday, February 20, 2009 8:27 PM
u had 2 order it through the dealer. prob came when dealers had a hard time trying 2 order it. the part number wasnt exactly in the system. i went 2 like 3 dealerships before i was able 2 get someone that knew how u get the kit.

Friday, February 20, 2009 8:38 PM
05xtremecav wrote:u had 2 order it through the dealer. prob came when dealers had a hard time trying 2 order it. the part number wasnt exactly in the system. i went 2 like 3 dealerships before i was able 2 get someone that knew how u get the kit.

LOL I remember calling around trying to find it, after calling like 8 dealerships I finally found one who said they knew what it was and could get it, they wanted 1400 bucks for it. So I said screw it and ended up finding one for almost half that 2 years later.

Hahn Stage II - Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Turbo-back Exhaust | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | Team Green LSD | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Friday, February 20, 2009 8:43 PM
Lets call GM and tell them to make some more kits so we can buy them and help them out of there crisis.

Friday, February 20, 2009 8:54 PM
They proboly destroyed the molds so they can use the materials/machines for something else, so they'll have to make new ones. That wont help GM.

Trevor Mullins wrote:

Friday, February 20, 2009 9:42 PM
I am probably just gonna modify my stock bumper, something like this.

What do you guys think?

Saturday, February 21, 2009 12:46 PM
gm did destroy all the molds and whatnot. i even heard they destroyed the leftover kits they didnt sell. and all i gotta say is that my 1200 i spend a lil over 4 years ago has been well worth it

Sunday, February 22, 2009 2:28 PM
05xtremecav wrote:gm did destroy all the molds and whatnot. i even heard they destroyed the leftover kits they didnt sell. and all i gotta say is that my 1200 i spend a lil over 4 years ago has been well worth it

Wow that suks!

Sunday, February 22, 2009 8:36 PM
so all im seeing is the 03+ kits. anyone no of the 00-02 turbo sport kit??

horsepower is the force that determines at what speed you hit the wall, torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search