feeler for new products - Page 2 - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: feeler for new products
Sunday, May 24, 2009 7:55 AM
John Benham wrote:
I would need someone to front the development money for it, and be willing to let me have at it for longer than a week most likely, so I can work out any bugs that arrise from it.

total cost for the single projector with HID kit for the 03+ fires looks like it is going to be about $500, but of course the person who would be financing the sunfire development would get everything at cost, and save some $$ in the process.

I''ll stay in touch. I really can't help out funding wise right now. But give me a couple weeks and if nobody else does I will se what I can do.

Sunday, May 24, 2009 8:25 AM
Im may be interested on the 95-02 sunfire tails. I really wanna see what they look like. Were you planing on making them all one color lense or doing different lense colors?

Sunday, May 24, 2009 9:46 AM
Colored Clear Lenses...........gonna be the new look for "Custom Lights"

www.sickhids.com
Monday, May 25, 2009 6:09 AM
sleepy sunfire wrote:
SweetnessGT wrote:Curious about the 95-02 Sunfire COUPE LED tails...

-Chris-

X2

Also the 95-02 Sunfire projector headlights would be good in my opinion since there is no one (aside from IZN TRBL but we won't get into that) that makes them.

I WOULD FOR SURE BE INTRESTED IN SOME LED TAILS!
Monday, May 25, 2009 6:32 AM
man 500 for the fire headlights is a bit much for me, if you need help funding your stuff the 03+ fires i may be able to help out depending on what your looking for.

Monday, May 25, 2009 9:30 AM
^^^ its not just the headlights, its the HIDS with lifetime waranty included...

Look at the cost of GOOD hids these days and its around 200-300.

Add 200 ish for headlights with good projectors and the cost is great, with all the hard work done and a guaranteed fitment.

Im interested in 95-99 led toyo tails and just the projector kit with hids,

can you post or pm me a cost,

and id need shipping to Canada as well, Hamilton Ontario to be exact...

Monday, May 25, 2009 11:04 AM
I'm interested in what that unknown guy is holding. 95-02 Sunfire headlights, hids, lenses, wiring, the works. Black rather than chrome, too. Exactly as they look in that pic. I think i sent you a pm a while back about this, but that describes what i was looking for better than words could.

Also, price with shipping to Brantford, Ontario, Canada?

-------

I don't practice what I preach, because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to.
Monday, May 25, 2009 1:38 PM
I'll actually be finishing up a first set with all black & black Projectors shortly. ALL BLACK option will be available on request.

www.sickhids.com
Monday, May 25, 2009 1:56 PM
Quote:

^^^ its not just the headlights, its the HIDS with lifetime waranty included...

Add 200 ish for headlights with good projectors and the cost is great, with all the hard work done and a guaranteed fitment.

ya thats a good point, but i was refering to how there a bit more than the other headlights he's making.

Monday, May 25, 2009 2:06 PM
John,

If you go with smoked crimson lenses like the stock 95-2002 sunfire coupe tails, but with LED's inside... I'm 99% in. Esp at $200... I guess you'll need a core sent back?

Very interested... I've always wanted a set like this.

Is this with a trailer LED array put in, or a custom board?

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Monday, May 25, 2009 2:56 PM
j_a_c_k_s_o_n wrote:^^^ its not just the headlights, its the HIDS with lifetime waranty included...

The projector kits are being offered right now in my GP for $300 shipped. Thats a bi-xenon projector, lifetime warranty HID kit (bulbs and ballasts) as well as plug and play relay harness with angel eye color of your choice.

Tails, still working on a price for those, only a couple people have shown interest. They are going to be made after the sunfire tails for sure.

But yes, that is exactly what I was going to say, you are getting a bi-xenon projector, lifetime warranty HID kit, brand new headlights, relay harness, angel eyes, and installation. The only reason for the difference in price from the other ones, is that the 03+ sunfire headlights are more expensive, and they are slightly more labor intensive to work with.

stbucky wrote:I'm interested in what that unknown guy is holding. 95-02 Sunfire headlights, hids, lenses, wiring, the works. Black rather than chrome, too. Exactly as they look in that pic. I think i sent you a pm a while back about this, but that describes what i was looking for better than words could.

Also, price with shipping to Brantford, Ontario, Canada?

Hit me up with a pm, ill get some more info from you and well talk.

Sweetness GT wrote:John,

If you go with smoked crimson lenses like the stock 95-2002 sunfire coupe tails, but with LED's inside... I'm 99% in. Esp at $200... I guess you'll need a core sent back?

Very interested... I've always wanted a set like this.

Is this with a trailer LED array put in, or a custom board?

I am going to offer these in clear, smoked, and red lenses, i can not find a smoked red, however this could be fixed with niteshades. They are NOT going to be a trailer light in the housing. I wont reveal my secret yet, but I plan to post up progress pics this week, next at the latest, that maybe you can figure out what they are......

Monday, May 25, 2009 8:28 PM
Do you have the lenses on hand by any chance? If so can you post pics?

Monday, May 25, 2009 8:58 PM
BOO

I want smoked red tails,
I would say that I would VHT them myself, but if I end up messing up the lens in the process I have just ruined 200 dollar tail lights.
Just a smoked red....
Come on Johnny you know you want to

Tuesday, May 26, 2009 8:08 AM
Double0Fire wrote:Do you have the lenses on hand by any chance? If so can you post pics?

no, i am gauging interest to see what products I will be making, and the sunfire tails will be among them. I have ordered materials for them, but thanks to the holiday, they havent arrived yet.

I have found a dark red material suitable for use, but the cost is higher than most of the other materials, and would add to the cost of the tails slightly.

I will probably order some in in the near future, and make a set.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009 8:36 AM
o ok i understand now, i just didn't realize we were getting brand new headlights in this deal , my bad.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009 6:21 AM
Let me know if you need any help with the 03+ Fire LED tails, id love a set. Those little LED bulbs arent cutting it. What style are you looking at designing and how will the led's be set up.

03 Sunfire - Sold.
Wednesday, May 27, 2009 6:48 AM
LED toyota 95-99 tails. Put me down for a set.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009 6:51 AM
On that note, what about matching spoiler brake lights?

Wednesday, May 27, 2009 7:36 AM
bradsk88 wrote:On that note, what about matching spoiler brake lights?

thats not a problem.

Friday, May 29, 2009 12:54 PM
any updates john?

Friday, May 29, 2009 1:21 PM
how much would the 03+ projectors cost to go to T2X 3S2 in Calgary, AB, Canada?

Friday, May 29, 2009 7:45 PM
Double0Fire wrote:any updates john?

still waiting for some materials to arive. I do have some WIP pics I will try to post up this weekend for the sunfire LED tails.

I am also trying to find a cheaper source for an LED controller for them.

Monday, June 01, 2009 1:37 PM
ok, heres a pic of the led's I will be using for the sunfire tails. I have sourced affordable electronics to drive them properly, and just waiting on a couple things to finish everything up.

I should have more WIP pics available soon.

Monday, June 01, 2009 2:08 PM
Ummmm, hope you're gonna hide that with something ?!?!
Monday, June 01, 2009 2:09 PM
Maybe a stock lens, lol.

www.sickhids.com
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search