feeler for new products - Page 3 - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: feeler for new products
Monday, June 01, 2009 2:46 PM
OOOO I like

Monday, June 01, 2009 3:56 PM
Hmmm.
Looks BRIGHT!
This is a good thing
Can't wait to see more pics and progress on them

Monday, June 01, 2009 4:17 PM
Curious about the 95-02 Sunfire COUPE LED tails...
Monday, June 01, 2009 5:06 PM
I'm about 2 or 3 weeks out from getting you some funding on 03 Sunfire projectors. I'm really tired of not having "bright" headlights to use at night.

Monday, June 01, 2009 8:25 PM
Xplicit wrote:Hmmm.
Looks BRIGHT!
This is a good thing
Can't wait to see more pics and progress on them

thats the "brake" setting.

Parking will be much less drastic, and they are being surrounded by a chrome shroud.

Tuesday, June 02, 2009 4:31 PM
Sounds great,
so do you have a third brake light in the works too?
Maybe a package deal

Wednesday, June 03, 2009 8:51 AM
Xplicit wrote:Sounds great,
Maybe a package deal

I have the cavalier third brake light in the works. I would need a sunfire 3rd brake light, and yes, there would be a package deal for them.

I will make a great deal for the person who supplies me with a 3rd brake light to base the led brake light from.

Wednesday, June 03, 2009 9:20 AM

Wednesday, June 03, 2009 9:25 AM

Wednesday, June 03, 2009 4:11 PM
John Benham wrote:
Xplicit wrote:Sounds great,
Maybe a package deal

I have the cavalier third brake light in the works. I would need a sunfire 3rd brake light, and yes, there would be a package deal for them.

I will make a great deal for the person who supplies me with a 3rd brake light to base the led brake light from.

Hmmm
I may be able to help you with that...
Only thing is shipping would probably be pretty high...
Well if I head out to the JY which I hope to I will pick one up for ya

Now lets see those tail lights finished :p

Wednesday, June 03, 2009 8:20 PM
DONE, how you guys like them??

Wednesday, June 03, 2009 8:24 PM
lol, i kid i kid.

Here are some more progress pics. These are a rough fitment of the finished product, still a lot of work to do, but it is a start. I have something planned for the area that is void right now, but first things first:

The last one is the parking lights.

Thursday, June 04, 2009 7:52 AM
Tell me your putting a turn signal in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

looks good I wanna see them with lense on...... umm stupid question!

How do we change the bulb if they burn out, just thought of that for hte leds and the turn signal ( if thats what that area is for) but looking good so far!
Thursday, June 04, 2009 8:34 AM
99 GT FIRE wrote:Tell me your putting a turn signal in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

looks good I wanna see them with lense on...... umm stupid question!

How do we change the bulb if they burn out, just thought of that for hte leds and the turn signal ( if thats what that area is for) but looking good so far!

Yes, there will be some type of turn signal in there. The question for you guys is would you just like it to be the red LED's, and match what is in there already, or would you like orange LED's, and seperate brake and turn signal funtion, like the toyo cavalier tails?

As far as changing the bulbs, each bulb is a special LED integrated into a custom circuit board. In order to change one that burns out, you would need to send the whole light back to me to unsolder, and re-solder a new one back in, and possibly do all of them at the same time, so you arent sending them back to me frequently.

The LED's arent expensive, just labor intensive to change, but not a huge deal for me. These should last several times longer than your standard bulb though, as most LED lights do. So it is not something you would have to do often.....if ever.

so give me some turn signal input, so I can get these finished up, and get the materials for a small batch of them. Depending on the outcome of the turn signal decision, the price on the final products will be based upon each group. Each small group will be made from available parts/materials at the current market price. Then prices from that. Which means one group might be more/less expensive than the next based soley on the costs to manufacture.

Thursday, June 04, 2009 8:51 AM
I can that I personally would like to see all the lights in the same houseing, I would like to see chorme peice extened the edge of the light and orange led's put in there.

So one houseing for all the lights and orange in the corner. I personally would like the lense all one colour smoked would be cool.
Thursday, June 04, 2009 10:14 AM
Looks like your LEDS are facing toward the license plate (too much angle), NOT straight back. This will ALWAYS make a pretty big difference in illumination (LEDs are very DIRECTIONAL). I noticed that your best looking picture was from standing off to the opposite side of the car, not from directly behind (where the tails will face when installed). Your last pic looks more like the correct visual angle, but like I said "you can barely see the illumination". They should be aiming straight back for maximum illumunation. Otherwise, not too bad looking.

I just banged out some DARK transparent RED Sunfire taillight lenses if you're interested.

www.sickhids.com
Thursday, June 04, 2009 1:15 PM
^^^As stated, this is a rough fitting. Of course the only thing I really have to line the angle of the LED up with is the studs that attach the light to the car. Hopefully someone around me can help do a test fit before they get permanently placed.

(wink, wink)

Thursday, June 04, 2009 4:20 PM
Is Canada close enough around you?!?:p

Well the lens could still be red and with amber leds, cause if the leds have a strong enough color the amber will still show through the red...
Again, it would be nice to see them on a sunfire though, and with both options on the car etc, I think it would be nice to have seperate turn/brake too

Thursday, June 04, 2009 4:37 PM
I'm blind by that light.
Awesome.
Watching too.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Thursday, June 04, 2009 6:28 PM
I'd prefer all red. But I'll need to see the Cav ones before I fully decide.

Thursday, June 04, 2009 8:39 PM
I personally love to see the practically impossible. Just like the toyos. Red brake light and amber turn signals. but with the lense, the brake part would be a red lense and the amber signals would have a clear lense. and then the black border between the two. But I know that would be hard and basicly not gonna happen lol. So I vote amber signals w/ clear lense all the way across.

Friday, June 05, 2009 7:04 AM
alright, i have gotten some input on them here and via pm, and will get something together.

I have to once again order parts in for it, so it will be a while again.

Saturday, June 06, 2009 6:54 AM
i never would have sold those to you if i knew you were going to destroy them, how dare you.

lol looking good man. interested in seeing this finished.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, June 10, 2009 9:07 AM
ok, i got a couple boxes of turn signal swag in the mail today. I should have something together soon, although I have lots of tinkering to do what I want.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009 9:59 AM
Thats lookin really good, can't wait to see the finished product

Car Domain
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search