Tiburon Wing - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tiburon Wing
Friday, December 11, 2009 10:27 AM
i just saw a tiburon wing on a sunfire(been hunting for a new wing for weeks) and it looks sick! prob is what do i have to do to get the tiburon wing to fit? anyone know?

Re: Tiburon Wing
Friday, December 11, 2009 10:50 AM
Exessivefire put one on his, I know. At least one other has (I think they have blue in their name). I'm not sure exactly how they did it, but I know it had to be fabbed a good bit to fit. I know the curve is all wrong and I think there was a width issue.

Friday, December 11, 2009 11:09 AM
twiztidhybrid wrote:Exessivefire put one on his, I know. At least one other has (I think they have blue in their name). I'm not sure exactly how they did it, but I know it had to be fabbed a good bit to fit. I know the curve is all wrong and I think there was a width issue.

Gary Frank, ExESIVEFIRE and wizkiddrummer have all done it. I would contact one of them for more detailed information. They have all said it is by no means easy and takes a lot of fabrication.

Friday, December 11, 2009 11:23 AM
Yep, it's no walk in the park to make them fit. I bought one years ago, but after seeing how much work it would take to make it fit I decided it wasn't worth it to me. The one I bought is actually an aftermarket Tiburon wing that is a little different in that the end pieces go up a bit higher than the center section. I don't think they sell the ones like I have anymore.

Saturday, December 12, 2009 4:16 PM
I've got a Tibby wing too. It was really easy to drop it at the shop & pick it up 2 days later lol... it cost me $300 to have the stock wing removed, holes welded shut, new one reshaped, mounted & everything painted. There are a few different wings, so I suppose the amount of work needed may vary. Here's a pic of mine:

Your profile isn't filled out, so I don't know where you're located or what color your car is, but I'm looking to swap my lid back to stock in preparation for trading this car in.

Saturday, December 12, 2009 5:34 PM
oh well this is the wing im looking at for it

http://www.ans.ca/images/SportWingPic/Hyundai/7025_Tiburon-oem-03-08.jpg

Sunday, December 13, 2009 4:29 PM
that's the one Andy (ExESIVEFIRE) put on his sunfire. here's the thread from when he did it. http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=59573&t=59573&arch=1#59573

Sunday, December 13, 2009 7:13 PM
If you put the spoiler up at the top of the trunk it pretty well fits the curve. But when put at the bottom of the trunk you need to build up the bottom of the spoiler, aswell as adjust the ends as they hand over the trunk, than you need to add to the inside of the trunk (i welded in washers) to give the spoiler a flat area to mount.

Sunday, December 13, 2009 10:20 PM
I was just driving the other day and saw a tiburon GT (the one with the big wing) and wondered how that would look on a cavi!

Sunday, December 13, 2009 11:18 PM
so frank the only real modding needed is where its going to mount and not a width thing right?

Monday, December 14, 2009 8:55 AM
^^It depends on where on the trunk you mount it.

Monday, December 14, 2009 9:06 AM
^ exactly, the lower you go the more it sticks over, I dunno what Andy did, but i pulled mine back as far as i could, than shaved off the sides. You have to modify the angle of the bottom of the spoiler as-well as the inside of the trunk so u have a mounting point

at the risk of sounding like an ass hole, do you have any body shop experience?....if the answers no, than this project probly isn't for you.

Monday, December 14, 2009 11:53 AM
oh no @!#$ there lol. i have a little bit not much but where im from we have a family wrecker service and know a lot of body shops that we know personally and im sure they would either help me or do it for me for a low price. im also and engineering student so this is somewhat up my alley. besides it will make it more fun for me to put in the effort myself and in the process making it what i want

Saturday, June 29, 2013 10:47 PM
wow ok looks like a big job wh I'm jw if u put it up where the stock one goes is it easier? thanks
Monday, July 01, 2013 10:52 AM
Odd I just happen to come online today lol I don't kick around here much anymore. I don't want to sound rude, but this is one of those things if u gotta ask you shouldn't really start. If you can't figure how to mount the spoiler I'd suspect you won't be able to weld up the old holes and do the body work on it. Easier to mount to the top yes, but if you have the talent to put it up top u should be able to put it on the bottom as well. Even up top your not just going to drill holes and tighten bolts.

Btw Dan I seen your other post in the lip kit thread, I was actually in Barrie the other weekend, I live an hour and a half or so away, perhaps well come a tossed each other at a show one day, if your ever around whitby your welcome to take a look at the car, tucked away, buried and off the road so u won't seem it at a show anytime soon lol

Monday, July 01, 2013 11:59 AM
thanks that would be very cool. Are you redoing it and that's why its off the road? ya I have been doing more hm about the spoilers I love how u and Andy did them, but body work is not really my thing. I wanted to try to make a GXP clone but I'm sure you have herded that from a lot of people lol. So instead I'm saving up for the auto-cross spoiler. I dnk if my car has enough done to be a (show car) I auto cross it so has a stock look and suspension work done to it. I have a 1984 oldsmobile toronado I take to old car shows and cruise nights.
Monday, July 01, 2013 5:15 PM
A Gxp clone would be superb. Deff. Not redoing my car, well I sold the air ride dose that count as redoing lol. Lost the love bought another car. To much sentimental value to sell the car so it stays wrapped up for another day

Monday, July 01, 2013 5:29 PM
ya eh it would be SICK but no good at body work so no clue where to start with the tiburon wing so auto cross it will be lol. true eh that car is to nice to sell if u got the space to keep it y not. what are u driving now? hope its still a GM
Monday, July 01, 2013 6:36 PM
Not a chance lol, I'm a blue oval man, always have been, still got a few Gm's tho

Monday, July 01, 2013 7:53 PM
LOL cool
Wednesday, July 10, 2013 2:34 PM
Any body here no were ican get some sideskirts for a z24 r sunfire

Sunday, July 14, 2013 8:39 PM
Um...so many bad responses come to mind. Check ths classifieds, Craigslist, amazon, or eBay. Not sure which ones you are looking for since said car doesn't exist. Starting a new thread may have been a better idea.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search