cavi & fire side mirrors interchangeable??? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
cavi & fire side mirrors interchangeable???
Tuesday, January 25, 2011 12:31 PM
Was curious if the 2dr side mirrors from the cars were the same??? ive never even thought to ask until now so dont burn me too bad lol...

Re: cavi & fire side mirrors interchangeable???
Tuesday, January 25, 2011 12:39 PM
all 2 door mirrors are interchangable, and all 4 door mirrors are interchangable, but you can not put a 4 door mirror on a 2 door car.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 12:52 PM
Much appreciated, thank u
Monday, January 31, 2011 1:09 AM
also, convertable mirrors will not fit on a coupe or sedan.

Monday, January 31, 2011 1:28 AM
cannon fodder wrote:also, convertable mirrors will not fit on a coupe or sedan.

Just curious - why not? I thought the vert doors were the same as the coupe minus the window frame / b-pillar section. I know for a fact the panel that covers the mirror on the inside (as well as the door panel itself) is the same. My door panels are from a vert and they fit no problem.

----

Monday, January 31, 2011 4:13 AM
Road To Change wrote:

Just curious - why not? I thought the vert doors were the same as the coupe minus the window frame / b-pillar section. I know for a fact the panel that covers the mirror on the inside (as well as the door panel itself) is the same. My door panels are from a vert and they fit no problem.

no...no u don't know that for a fact, because the inside mirror cover is different to lol....your right on the door panels being the same tho

Monday, January 31, 2011 12:21 PM
Gary Frank wrote:
Road To Change wrote:

no...no u don't know that for a fact, because the inside mirror cover is different to lol....your right on the door panels being the same tho

Maybe I got lucky then, because my passenger side cover is off a vert.

----

Monday, January 31, 2011 6:18 PM
interior wise mostly everything is the same. but the mirrors themselves are different shaped then coupes. coupe doors were cut to be vert doors, but the doors also received bracing.

Monday, January 31, 2011 7:53 PM
Road To Change wrote:
Gary Frank wrote:
Road To Change wrote:

i didn't say it doesn't fit, i said they are different....vary different....a vert one is over a inch thick, reg. one is only like a 1/4.....that being said just because it came from a vert doesn't mean it was its original if the vert was hear i'd take a photo to show u, night and day difference.

Wednesday, February 02, 2011 7:32 AM
Gary Frank wrote:
Road To Change wrote:
Gary Frank wrote:
Road To Change wrote:

i didn't say it doesn't fit, i said they are different....vary different....a vert one is over a inch thick, reg. one is only like a 1/4.....that being said just because it came from a vert doesn't mean it was its original if the vert was hear i'd take a photo to show u, night and day difference.

I will take your word for that. I did notice my passenger one was thicker material, but I figured that was just because it doesn't have the little adjustment thingy on it.

----

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search