Suggestions for IDI cover - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Suggestions for IDI cover
Sunday, April 10, 2011 4:41 PM
I recently found at my local junkyard a "QUAD4' IDI cover. I was wondering what suggestion you guys have on cleaning it up and possibly painting it? Ive a bunch of people do it, I want to know how its done. Thank you

Re: Suggestions for IDI cover
Sunday, April 10, 2011 4:46 PM
degrease it, wire brush it, if there is still paint on it, use a paint stripper on it, sand it down, wash it, paint it, sand and polish the raised ribs and letters/numbers

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Sunday, April 10, 2011 8:30 PM
I really hate sanding these damn things..

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *
Monday, April 11, 2011 9:47 PM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:degrease it, wire brush it, if there is still paint on it, use a paint stripper on it, sand it down, wash it, paint it, sand and polish the raised ribs and letters/numbers

thank you.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 8:03 PM
sanding is hell but worth it. when i did mine i did i did a metal flake red. with your car being green i am not sure how that would look. if you have a accent color you like they make a high temp metallic base coat you can get at autozone. i did that with a candy red on mine. either way make sure you get hi temp. it will last a lot longer.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 10:36 PM
get a piece of paper and color pencils and draw out you idi cover and come up with a combo of colors you think you would like and you can get ideas. before you paint
Friday, April 15, 2011 6:55 AM
adam wagner wrote:get a piece of paper and color pencils and draw out you idi cover and come up with a combo of colors you think you would like and you can get ideas. before you paint

Thats what photoshop is for.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Monday, July 30, 2012 11:40 PM
how do you photo shop?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search