Underbody Glow - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Underbody Glow
Monday, April 11, 2011 11:30 AM
I have been wanting to put led or neon tubes under my cav. What is the difference between the led's and the neons? just brighter and more durable?

Re: Underbody Glow
Monday, April 11, 2011 11:47 AM
also, what is the best brand?
Monday, April 11, 2011 12:09 PM
Havent had underglow in a while, but honestly the LEDs appeared to be brighter than my friends cars with the neons. Ive also heard they last longer than the neon tubes. Not sure about that cause I sold my kit after 2 months. Lol
Monday, April 11, 2011 12:11 PM
I had a LED kit on my car and it was really great no transformer any crap like that straight 12V source with a inline fuse. The company is called VARAD good product but dont have a clue if their still around as it was over 3 years now i got the kit and it lasted well over 2 years in summer and winter driving.
Monday, April 11, 2011 12:11 PM
haha, i just want something to make it look just a lil bit better before i start modding on it here pretty soon
Monday, April 11, 2011 12:24 PM
Chris A wrote:I had a LED kit on my car and it was really great no transformer any crap like that straight 12V source with a inline fuse. The company is called VARAD good product but dont have a clue if their still around as it was over 3 years now i got the kit and it lasted well over 2 years in summer and winter driving.

He stated something that is also true. Theres no transformer, its almost plug and play. For the neons it involves a lot of wire stripping and use of butt connectors to attach wires along with electrical tape. The LEDs are pre wired in a way for a good hassle free installation. The are brighter which is what you want so go the LED route! Advance auto parts are having a big liquidation sale on these underbody kits so I reccommend to go see what they got. At my local stores the are selling the 7 colored kits for $60. Prices may vary I think. If I was still into underbody lights I wouldve gotten one.
Monday, April 11, 2011 7:37 PM
thanks a lot man, really helps me out
Tuesday, April 12, 2011 5:32 AM
I highly recommend you looking at www.oznium.com for all your lighting needs.

You will definitely want to go with LED's. Very low current draw, and can be incredibly durable.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 6:52 AM
LED's can be spotty depending on the kit. I like the uniformness of my neon kit and I only wanted blue anyway. Check out LEDGlow on eBay, I've got their interior kit and couldn't be happier

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search