What you got under the hood? - Page 2 - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: What you got under the hood?
Tuesday, April 12, 2011 10:42 AM
blew this up

this now, needs alot of work (go ahead and laugh at the terrible heat wrap, it started raining on my so i rushed, will fix it when rain stops)

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 10:51 AM
what you mean you blew it up?
Tuesday, April 12, 2011 10:52 AM
I still need a JDM oil cap...and there is a lot of work left to clean it up...and an optima to go in when it comes back from its warranty replacement trip.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 11:04 AM
sitting in my car now thinking if i should paint my vents should do a cut out and see what i think before i paint them.
Tuesday, April 12, 2011 11:42 AM
I've got leaves and dead stuff in mine.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 5:32 PM
are in takes easy to install?
Tuesday, April 12, 2011 5:50 PM
yes

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 7:20 PM
what would be the best one to buy like k & n or another brand?
Tuesday, April 12, 2011 7:30 PM
Ebay intake and when the filter wears out, grab a k&n cone to replace it.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 7:56 PM
95LsCoupe wrote:blew this up

this now, needs alot of work (go ahead and laugh at the terrible heat wrap, it started raining on my so i rushed, will fix it when rain stops)

still have the intake

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 9:19 PM
would be nice if i can find a white air take pipe

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 6:44 AM
adam wagner wrote:sndsgood

how you get chrome tops for your car you must not have a sunfire gt motor.

its an 05 ecotec motor same in cavaliers and sunfires. if by chrome tops you mean oil cover and coolant covers. they are just polished billet covers.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, April 13, 2011 6:47 AM
I kind of lost my IDI cover.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, April 13, 2011 7:42 AM
yea where you get them u found some at jc whitney and they told me it will not go on my car.
Wednesday, April 13, 2011 8:22 AM
adam wagner wrote:yea where you get them u found some at jc whitney and they told me it will not go on my car.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that they are custom work...don't you think sndsgood's engine bay looks slightly modified? Not something you are going to find in a catologue.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 8:46 AM
the chrome tops are nice from just plain black color
Wednesday, April 13, 2011 9:38 AM
first i had one of theses

then this

then this

then this

now this

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 1:59 PM
do you paint your wipers to match your car color? and the window vents and mirrors?
Wednesday, April 13, 2011 5:47 PM
adam wagner wrote:do you paint your wipers to match your car color? and the window vents and mirrors?

Nope...if you do anything, paint the outer part of your mirrors and sand your door handles smooth and then paint those (like my sig) You need some of the trim to stay black....otherwise your car will look like a refrigerator....Saving money for decent mods will be more worth it in the end...you will be better off not piddlydinking around with dumb little stuff....you have to look at the car as a whole, not just rip it apart and paint everything that you can unbolt...

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 6:00 PM
like the picture of the car above now?

not like this car would be a show car lol
Wednesday, April 13, 2011 6:19 PM
yes, my silver sedan, which is not a show car. Its my dd, and i've been taking care of things slowly....The body is completely stock minus a bit of paint on the bumper...its not hard to make these cars look good...but running around with a can of spray paint and spray painting everything you can find is not the way to do it...If you want to modify your car, sit down and have some plans of what you want to do with it, that way you aren't buying every piece of stick on garbage they sell at autozone and then wondering why your car looks worse than it did when you started...You have a great clean slate and you can build a great driver, but its not a race, mines been a work in progress for 5 years, and there are a lot of things I've done to it that i regret. It gets expensive to replace everything that you did the first time around because you've realized it looks horrible.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 7:18 PM
oh yea you see some cars went over the top and others did not do much. but its nice to have a nice looking car got to pick up the chicks lol
Wednesday, April 13, 2011 7:42 PM
Mike Demo wrote:
95LsCoupe wrote:blew this up

still have the intake

ended up cutting it and making it fit an Eclipse n/a sorry...but it was a 35 dollars one from ebay, came with filter...its just a k&n sticker i took from pep boys

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 7:43 PM
and when i said i blew it up, i meant it had a rod knock and on the way to the junk yard with that car i beat on it hard until the rod actually shot out the side of the block

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 8:44 PM
wow,

that had to be crazy
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search