Ever seen tinted toyo tails? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ever seen tinted toyo tails?
Wednesday, August 03, 2011 11:32 AM
Just an idea I came up with, I was thinking about spraying 2 layers of the VHT tint on my Toyo tails. Half of me says yes and the other half says no. Anyone think this would look pretty good? The thought of amber turn signals piercing through tint rocks in my mind. Lol

Re: Ever seen tinted toyo tails?
Wednesday, August 03, 2011 11:36 AM
Ya, it'd look good, but then it would just look like normal tails. Isnt the point to be different? If you did a super light tint maybe, but I think you need to be able the ambers even if they are tinted.

95 Ranger 2.5T

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 11:39 AM
Splatranger95 wrote:Ya, it'd look good, but then it would just look like normal tails. Isnt the point to be different? If you did a super light tint maybe, but I think you need to be able the ambers even if they are tinted.

Exactly-a light tint is what Im going for but I too thought about the look of the Toyos. It was just an idea Im tossing around.

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 2:15 PM
go for it and if it doesn't look good you can always sand it off......
Wednesday, August 03, 2011 2:36 PM
Might look ok it think.

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 2:48 PM
it will give the light much more character, especially at night.

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 5:54 PM
Funny, I just got some toyo's and started thinking of how tinting the red would look, but i changed my mind after a quick photoshop.

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 8:37 PM
E.MURY wrote:Funny, I just got some toyo's and started thinking of how tinting the red would look, but i changed my mind after a quick photoshop.

Thats just what I needed! By the photoshop it looks ok but what Im curious about is the whole thing in person with VHT nightshade on.

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 9:30 PM
id try it, like the posts above said if it turns out where you dont like it sand it off and clear them. makem look like new
Monday, August 08, 2011 10:39 AM
I've been thinking of doing it too, but I was gonna get some tint film, so that way if I don't like it, I can just peel it off.

Monday, August 08, 2011 1:54 PM
even though my tails are stock sunfire and are black as night when they light up you can see them clear as day.. (i took a vid so i could see) i think it would look cool as hell cuz when you hit the light it shines through but dark during the day..

Thursday, August 11, 2011 5:14 PM
I've seen a set of tinted 2000 toyos. IMO the trick is not to get them too dark.

These are too dark.
E.MURY wrote:

Something lighter as to were you can still see the outlines of the different sections of the lights would be sex.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Thursday, August 11, 2011 5:52 PM
Tinkles(now with Boost Face) wrote:I've seen a set of tinted 2000 toyos. IMO the trick is not to get them too dark.

These are too dark.
E.MURY wrote:

Something lighter as to were you can still see the outlines of the different sections of the lights would be sex.

I completely agree, which is why I stated a light coat is what Im thinking about. This idea really is tugging at me.

Friday, August 12, 2011 1:57 PM
LALALALALALALALALALALALAALAL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, August 12, 2011 2:58 PM

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Saturday, August 13, 2011 12:21 PM
Tinkles(Boost Face) wrote:LALALALALALALALALALALALAALAL

I know.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search