Getting sticker off carbon fiber? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Getting sticker off carbon fiber?
Saturday, August 06, 2011 2:46 PM
Ok how do I get a vinyl sticker off my carbon fiber hood without damaging the hood. I've takin plenty of stickers off glass with a razor blade before but not off carbon. and will it leave a ghosting effect in the clear coat were the sticker was?

Re: Getting sticker off carbon fiber?
Saturday, August 06, 2011 6:54 PM
If it's vinyl just ur fingernail and a SMALL amount of goof off

Saturday, August 06, 2011 7:49 PM
goof off on carbon fiber? to risky...mineral spirits???
Saturday, August 06, 2011 9:08 PM
Goo gone?

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Sunday, August 07, 2011 4:04 AM
ur ur spit then.

why would it be more harsh on the clear coat of carbon fiber than the clear coat of regualar painted metal?

Sunday, August 07, 2011 11:20 AM
More than likely it will leave a ghost image behind the sticker.

Reason being, When you add a sticker to paint, the portion that's applied (sticker design) protects that specific area from the sun and weather conditions. When you peel it off, there will be a slight ghost image. Red is notorious as well as black to show the worst.

I personally use a small tool to pick the vinyl up then peel it away. Then i would use a tiny bit of goo gone and wipe the adhesive off. After i would wipe the area with soapy water to ensure the goo gone isn't on the clear coat. Been doing it for over half a decade now.

Sunday, August 07, 2011 12:02 PM
A slight power polish will sometimes help eliminate or minimize the "ghost"
Sunday, August 07, 2011 1:11 PM
I'm going to try a hair dryer to heat it up than pick at the sticker and try and peel it off then if there is adhesive left im going to try this stuff called prep all you use it to make sure the surface is clean for paint it works well. then a wash and wax. Then I will update with pics.
Sunday, August 07, 2011 1:56 PM
Depending on the vinyl used a hair dryer will make it easier to remove or make it a nightmare. Heating it up sometimes makes the adhesive stay on the surface more so i would try picking it without heating first.

Sunday, August 07, 2011 2:50 PM
ok will do
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search