Did u guys know they make a tool? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Did u guys know they make a tool?
Saturday, August 06, 2011 8:03 PM
To get scratches out of glass, Yup my bud that is a fabricator at a commercial glass shop told me they have a tool that cost like 1800 bones that gets scratches out of glass. I was ecstatic to heear this because my winsheild has a a nice scratch in it and so does some of the side windows now I can get them fixed without having to replace any glass.... nice!

Re: Did u guys know they make a tool?
Saturday, August 06, 2011 8:34 PM
Its possible to simply buff scratches out of glass using a typical buffer but you should leave it to the professionals... it is extremely easy to plasticize the glass causing bubbling, smearing, and generally making your situation worse than better. Easier to go too far than not enough since glass is a liquid.

Really the type of polishing compound is the difference... not the "$1800 tool"

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Saturday, August 06, 2011 9:55 PM
yea he said its like 35 bucks for a kinda small amount of the polish. and the tool reads the temp. of the glass while it buffs to let you know so you dont make a mistake and heat the glass up to much.
Sunday, August 07, 2011 8:03 AM
There is also issues with taking to much off and causing viewing issues.

Making it like a magnifying glass.
Sunday, August 07, 2011 9:05 AM
jdm cav9 wrote:To get scratches out of glass, Yup my bud that is a fabricator at a commercial glass shop told me they have a tool that cost like 1800 bones that gets scratches out of glass. I was ecstatic to heear this because my winsheild has a a nice scratch in it and so does some of the side windows now I can get them fixed without having to replace any glass.... nice!

LOL you didn't know you could polish glass?

1999 - Cavalier - 5speed - Exhaust - 17" rims - carbon fiber hood - the beater
Sunday, August 07, 2011 2:51 PM
nope im a retard
Wednesday, August 10, 2011 11:27 AM
did you know that even when using those you can still faintly see the scratches? also sometimes they cause more harm to the glass than they do good.
Wednesday, August 10, 2011 12:14 PM
lol 1800 for a windsheild scratch repair tool, or 220 for a brand new one installed with out glass insurance!!!!!

Im a little confused on this one!!!!!
Saturday, August 13, 2011 8:57 PM
lol 1800 yup big boys own big boy companies and have to spend money for tools. the tool is meant for commercial giant bulidings' glass not auto glass. and it is very complex and has a temperature control and a laser and stuff. I'm a little confused on how many !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you use homo.
Sunday, August 14, 2011 2:08 AM
sooner spend 1600 LESS on new glass. no thanks.

JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!
Sunday, August 14, 2011 10:46 AM
y would I buy the tool u retards It will be free to me to take out a couple of small scratches one from the windsheild from a wiper blade that went bad. one on the quarter glass window and one on my drivers side window.

Sunday, August 14, 2011 2:27 PM
The pricing of 1800 is I'm sure, for commercial repairs. A shop doing hundreds and thousands of repairs would buy this, Not a normal everyday person.

I really don't think calling the members here retards was a good way to go about saying what you felt. Just a thought though.

Sunday, August 14, 2011 3:03 PM
JM Graphics & Signs wrote:

I really don't think calling the members here retards was a good way to go about saying what you felt. Just a thought though.

but he has a $30,000 cavalier that he doesnt know how to work on.

Monday, August 15, 2011 9:07 AM
Monday, August 15, 2011 4:03 PM
When I said retards I meant in a joking way and in my first post I said my dude that works at a glass shop was going to help me out and use the tool on my car to get a couple scratches. and a bunch of people kept saying why would you spend 1800 dollars on a tool when you can just spend 200 on new glass like a retard. read the post geez. And built n boosted so how don't I know how to work on my car? All the money thats in my cav was installed by me and my father. Dude out of the 6 or 7 years I've been a member you are by far the biggest douche I've met, sorry but it's true. Everytime I see a post on here from you it's a smart ass douche comments. I can't be the only one that has noticed this either you try to act hard as @!#$ on here over the internet give me a freakin break kid lol for real.
Monday, August 15, 2011 4:17 PM
Jdm- go premium, argue with vince in AG. That way you don't get banned for.what you say.

Monday, August 15, 2011 5:23 PM
jdm cav9 wrote:When I said retards I meant in a joking way and in my first post I said my dude that works at a glass shop was going to help me out and use the tool on my car to get a couple scratches. and a bunch of people kept saying why would you spend 1800 dollars on a tool when you can just spend 200 on new glass like a retard. read the post geez. And built n boosted so how don't I know how to work on my car? All the money thats in my cav was installed by me and my father. Dude out of the 6 or 7 years I've been a member you are by far the biggest douche I've met, sorry but it's true. Everytime I see a post on here from you it's a smart ass douche comments. I can't be the only one that has noticed this either you try to act hard as @!#$ on here over the internet give me a freakin break kid lol for real.

do they make a tool to remove stickers from carbon fiber hoods?

Monday, August 15, 2011 6:55 PM
Ha ha I asked what was the best way to get a apr sticker off some carbon fiber, as far as getting the sticky glue residue off my cf sorry didint want to ruin a new hood! How is that a dumb question? It's funny because members on here had no problem helping me out with their input with that matter. Never had to take a sticker of body panels before, windows yes plenty of times with a razor blade no problems.
Monday, August 15, 2011 6:58 PM
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:Jdm- go premium, argue with vince in AG. That way you don't get banned for.what you say.

Amen to that bro, I'm done with mr. negative
Tuesday, August 16, 2011 5:02 AM
jdm cav9 wrote:When I said retards I meant in a joking way and in my first post I said my dude that works at a glass shop was going to help me out and use the tool on my car to get a couple scratches. and a bunch of people kept saying why would you spend 1800 dollars on a tool when you can just spend 200 on new glass like a retard. read the post geez. And built n boosted so how don't I know how to work on my car? All the money thats in my cav was installed by me and my father. Dude out of the 6 or 7 years I've been a member you are by far the biggest douche I've met, sorry but it's true. Everytime I see a post on here from you it's a smart ass douche comments. I can't be the only one that has noticed this either you try to act hard as @!#$ on here over the internet give me a freakin break kid lol for real.

well actually you said your buddy told you they have a tool. then u went on and then said ynow you can get it fixed. never really mentioned the fact that your buddy at the shop with the tool was going to help. the way you wrote it out implied that you were going to buy this $1800 tool to fix your windows and you wanted everyone else to know that a tool was out there to do this. thats how it came out in your post. and thats why everyone replied as they did. you may have been thinking it in your head diffrent. but everyone responded properly to what you posted.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search