Cleaning 2003 Headlamps - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cleaning 2003 Headlamps
Monday, August 08, 2011 6:12 PM
Last year I replaced my headlamps because they were very yellow and after hours of using cleaner/polish there was no improvement. I saved my lamps hoping to customize them. My current lamps are doing the same yellowing in the same areas. I have taken apart the old lamps and tried to polish the inside, yet it is not doing a thing for it.Could I be doing something wrong? I am using wetsand technique and polish as directed by different manufactures. I don't want to waste my time installing custom lights just to have the same thing happen again. Is there a way of installing plate glass behind the black inserts, or filling them in sort of like the newer Corvette?

Re: Cleaning 2003 Headlamps
Monday, August 08, 2011 8:39 PM
Deff pickup one of the wet sanding kits for dull headlights....it was the best investment I ever made....super easy and gives REAL results
Tuesday, August 09, 2011 8:56 AM
I bought the 3M headlight kit and did the lights on my fire. You have to physically remove the oxidized plastic and then polish the stuff underneath to get good results.

Mike wrote: The secret ingredient is purple..it brings out your natural porch inhabiting, people watching tendancies

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 10:02 AM
Wetsand an clearcoat jus did my buddys 3000gt lights that way came out perfect, i'm goin to do it to a set of cav lights i got layin around hopefully this weekend

z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)
Tuesday, August 09, 2011 2:05 PM
Mightycarmods showed that Pee actually worked pretty well.

Google it.

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 3:10 PM
Troy (aka Sunfail) wrote:You have to physically remove the oxidized plastic and then polish the stuff underneath to get good results.

Do you mean to take the whole assembly apart? I have done this and wetsanded the inside as well. All it has done was make the inside of the lens smooth.

z28guy wrote:Wetsand an clearcoat jus did my buddys 3000gt lights that way came out perfect, i'm goin to do it to a set of cav lights i got layin around hopefully this weekend

What type of clear coat did you use? Automotive, or a model clear coat? Did you use it on the inside and outside?
Wednesday, August 10, 2011 3:47 PM
No, I took the light assemblies out but it's not absolutely necessary if you're careful. I sanded the outside of the lense and that's it.

Mike wrote: The secret ingredient is purple..it brings out your natural porch inhabiting, people watching tendancies

Thursday, August 11, 2011 6:53 AM
we used rattle can clear on the outside came out great

z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search