03+ Cavalier Dash???? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
03+ Cavalier Dash????
Wednesday, August 17, 2011 3:02 PM
Does anyone has any suggestions on putting a new dash like what to do to prevent it from cracking in the future?

Re: 03+ Cavalier Dash????
Wednesday, August 17, 2011 4:39 PM
hand tighten the bolts. so its not to tight

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 5:56 PM
Im going to do rubber washers under mine....mines not cracked but before it does.
Thursday, August 18, 2011 2:55 AM
rubber washers under them will solve it. The problem is a plastic dash being bolted to a metal frame that both flex differently under certain weather conditions and driving. I know on both my 03 and my 04, GM had started putting the rubber washers on the screws and that's why i've never really seen a 03+ with a dash crack. Don't just loosen the screw, that will make things rattle or could possibly add more movement which could still crack your dash. Place rubber washers in with the screws and just tighten snug.

Thursday, August 18, 2011 2:24 PM
My 04 is absolutely flawless in and out...EXCEPT the dash. It has a crack right under the windsheild above/left of that center vent. the rest of it is not faded or cracked and good as new. But I also have a really nice dash cover that looks good and covers it all..so you dont know unless you pull that up. Still..it bothers me to know its there lol

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Thursday, August 18, 2011 2:32 PM
My 04 jus cracked, an my 05 which i've owned since new cracked last summer

z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)
Thursday, August 18, 2011 5:15 PM
my 96 has no cracks..

Friday, August 19, 2011 6:08 AM
thanks guys
Friday, August 19, 2011 11:12 AM
I always take out the bolt in the center right under the windshield. Some other put it in, but loose. Has nothing to do with it being bolted to a metal frame. It is the bolts being too tight and the flexing from heat and cold cycles.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search