Replacing Door Hinge Pins - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Replacing Door Hinge Pins
Wednesday, August 17, 2011 6:17 PM
Is this possible? I see the hinge pins on rockauto.com, but, are they replaceble on an 03? Do I have to remove the hinges and cut out the pin because I don't see any clips or anything holding them in, they just look like they were pressed in and then hammered oval or flatten on the top.

Thoughts?

Re: Replacing Door Hinge Pins
Wednesday, August 17, 2011 6:52 PM
correct me if i am wrong but our cars have no pins, you have to buy the hinge assembly, its fun I did mine 2 times from crappy lambo's!

Thursday, August 18, 2011 4:23 PM
Well, rockauto has the little replacement pins. They are only an inch long at the most. Two on each door hinge, upper and lower. I wasn't sure if these are actually replaceable or if I have to buy a whole hinge.

Since you've done them twice, any advice on making the job go smoother?

Friday, August 19, 2011 8:54 PM
honestly... it'd be way easier to just replace the entire hinge assemblies. i ordered my driver side ones brand new from gm here a few years back, were like 25 a piece iirc....

its something to invest in as our doors are heavy and the hinges like to sag over time...

Sunday, August 21, 2011 11:28 AM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:
its something to invest in as our doors are heavy and the hinges like to sag over time...

Understood, which is why I was asking about the pins. My door has some sag now thats making opening from the inside a slight struggle. Just have to push the door a little to open it. I checked the pins and found they were loose.

Hinges is the way to go, gotcha. I'll be ordering those then.

Sunday, August 21, 2011 2:48 PM
replace one hinge at a time. having a ratcheting wrench will make replacing alot easier.

Sunday, August 21, 2011 7:16 PM
^^ does doing it that way make it so you don't need jeck stands to hold up the door?
And I have gear wrenches, no worries.

Sunday, August 21, 2011 7:27 PM
I used a jack wwwand lifted it enough just to support the door since i did mine alone.

Monday, August 22, 2011 2:39 PM
Called the dealer today and my wholesale price is $80 for the upper, and $50 for the lower hinge. Ouch.

Friday, August 26, 2011 10:41 AM
Junk yard 10$ a piece, I can go and replace them 6 times for what you pay the dealer.

Jason

USACi =>146.9db
14.88 @ 90.73MPH =>GM Charger, Motor Mounts, Catback exhaust
Friday, August 26, 2011 2:39 PM
Junk yards around me have obnoxious prices too. Just something to add to the list for my next visit to the pick n pull.

Friday, August 26, 2011 3:09 PM
yea but the used ones are prolly gonna be just as worn out as the ones ur replacing LOL sucks they've gone up in price since i got mine.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search