what do u guys think of body kits - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what do u guys think of body kits
Thursday, August 18, 2011 8:05 AM
Im a bout to get my car re painted and im not sure if I should get a kit or not.

What do u guys think

Re: what do u guys think of body kits
Thursday, August 18, 2011 8:31 AM
is this a show car and not a daily driver? do you have the money to fix it every time it touches a speed bump? do you have the money to shell out for a real urethane kit (not duraflex. duraflex is just fiberglass with a little more give. if it would crack fiberglass, it will crack duraflex)?

if you answered no to ANY of these, do not kit your car.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Thursday, August 18, 2011 10:14 AM
IMO, kits are for show cars... so unless you've completely redone everything else to the car, go ahead and get a kit.

If it's your DD and you want it to look a little better than stock, get a lip kit...

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Thursday, August 18, 2011 12:30 PM
Mines a DD/ show car just make sure you have the time to put into your car because once you put on a body kit you will want new rims, new interior, new audio set up, new engine.

Or atleast thats the way i was lol

Thursday, August 18, 2011 5:49 PM
All the body kits I've found for cavy's look super rice. The lip kits look fairly nice though. I think the best looking bumper that they could make would be to take the stock 00-02 one, plug the gap between the hood and the bumper and take the grill link out of the center opening and make it more square.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Thursday, August 18, 2011 7:11 PM
It's a sunfire, I have a turbo sport hood (2ed ever made even before classglass got the mold), f1 fenders, rims and im pushing the 150db mark with the audio...lol

I have some pics of the car on my profile, its getting painted the stock blue with a purple pearl and some small flake. In the paint. The car is far from a daily driver (been parked for a few years) and my girls just going to take my son to school in it and on the weekends.

This is the kit im thinking about what u guys think

http://www.bodykitsuperstore.com/images/AIT-Racing/PS95HIVS2FB_Pontiac_Sunfire_01.jpg

Thursday, August 18, 2011 8:50 PM
I have an IF front on mine, dropped on sportlines and it gets daily driven in the summer. No issues with the huge speedbumps at my place either. Just make sure you watch where you are going and it will be fine.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search