03-05 Cavalier Projector Foglights - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
03-05 Cavalier Projector Foglights
Friday, August 26, 2011 7:42 PM
I have had a Hid kit on my stock Cavalier foglights since last summer when I bought my Ztype but since had to replace the the passenger side foglight twice becasue of the plactic housing melting, I was wondering for you guys who have 00-05 Z24, Ztype, or (US) Ls Cavaliers, if you changed your fogs to projectors, what you used or what fits nice in the stock bumper if universal ones were used, my hid kit still works but I haven't used it for months because foglights will just do the same thing and I'd be a damn fool anyway to keep buying the same shyt over again.

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood

Re: 03-05 Cavalier Projector Foglights
Friday, August 26, 2011 8:18 PM
Are you running 55w HIDs? Switching to 35w should fix your melting problem.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Saturday, August 27, 2011 1:55 PM
Twenty4z wrote:Are you running 55w HIDs? Switching to 35w should fix your melting problem.

They are 35w Hids I read up on 55w hids and they pretty much say yes they're brighter but run hotter and burn out faster so they won't be in my car lol

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Thursday, September 01, 2011 9:59 AM
1. Get a set of Blazer projectors

2. Don't buy the cheap aftermarket bulbs.

With the cheap bulbs, even 35W ones run hot. The reason is that they have less salts in them. This also has the effect of shortening the life span of the bulb.

The Blazers from TheRetroFitSource.com will accept actual factory HID bulbs.

Thursday, September 01, 2011 1:44 PM
Here is another source for the Blazer brand projector foglights. I ordered from them, and it was fast shipping, and much cheaper than theretrofitsource.

Thursday, September 01, 2011 2:28 PM
^^ that's definitely cheaper, but that won't take an OEM D2S bulb, like the ones TRS sells. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe they mod them for it.

Thursday, September 01, 2011 6:30 PM
^^im using those exact blazer projectors in my 04 fogs with retro-solutions digital 35w HID 880 kit.

Saturday, September 03, 2011 6:37 PM
lafonjef wrote:Here is another source for the Blazer brand projector foglights. I ordered from them, and it was fast shipping, and much cheaper than theretrofitsource.

do they have those in yellow glass/lenses? I have a base model, so I'd have to cut out the lines going across the fog light holes, but would the mount in fairly sturdy, or would it be flimsy? also how hard was it to get in there to mount these and do the wiring? did you pull thebumper to do it? got any pics?

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search